Xtratime Community banner

Would Deco make Brazil's starting XI??/

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's your take? Do you think Deco would/should be a part of Brazil's starting XI? He's been great for Barça and I find it a bit shocking that a player like Gilberto gets/got chosen in the past when they could have put in Deco. I'm particularly interested in the Brazilians' opinion.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Green One said:
Yes, ahead of Gilberto, but no because they could still play a better central midfield by playing Emerson and Juninho Pernambucano
Definately part of the full squad though.

I guess I'm just a bit confused with him playing for Portugal.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Deco would be ideal for the Brazil team in the position he plays for Barca, though i think with the balance that Ze Roberto provides and his adaptation to the line up i think at this moment in time Deco would find it hard to oust Ze Roberto, so the answer is No IMO.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Of course!! And that would make them more stable and impressive. The guy works and has a lot of talent.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
I think he is definitely good enough, and definitely fits their system. So yes, I believe he would make it.
I just think that by the time he was noticed and had the proper exposure to be considered, he had already joined Portugal.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
One of the reasons he chose Portugal over Brazil was simply because Brazil continued to overlook him. He had a big desire to play international football so he chose the next best option with Portugal.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ronaldinho-------Ronaldo-------Robinho

--Kaka----------------------Deco-----

--------------Emerson------------------

R Carlos-----Lucio-----Cris--------Cafu-

---------------Dida--------------------

as for me i think he would fit into the team and considering his form in the last three years he would be in the startin XI

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Deco is a CM/OM. He is not better than RG or Kaka. Then again, it's not his fault. No AM would be a starter for Brasil, simply because we play with only two, Kaka and RG are the best in the world at their positions.

arfy05 said:
... though i think with the balance that Ze Roberto provides and his adaptation to the line up i think at this moment in time Deco would find it hard to oust Ze Roberto, so the answer is No IMO.
Great post. I don't think he could replace Ze either.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
Ronaldinho-------Ronaldo-------Robinho

--Kaka----------------------Deco-----

--------------Emerson------------------

R Carlos-----Lucio-----Cris--------Cafu-

---------------Dida--------------------

Looks great on paper (just like the current Barca team + Henry :D ) but Brazil needs those two "defensive" midfielders playing the "magic quartet" the whole nation expects to perform. And I can't see Deco doing this (too lightweight etc.). Edmilson yes. There has never been room for Deco (he wasn't just overlooked) and there won't be in near future.

I wish him best luck with Portugal :) :thumbsup: It would be a disgrace he scores against Brazil in a WC final though :dazed: :D

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Barçawinner said:
Why Robinho is a starter for Brazil is a mystery to me, Deco would go ahead of him without breaking a sweat.
If Robinho doesn't start, Parreira will put Adriano.

I think Deco competes with Juninho, who could play on side to Emerson but will be on bench sadly (love his freekicks)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
No.

Not because he isn't good enough, but because the system can not accomodate him.

No point fixing Deco to a defensive position, you will lose a large portion of his offensive talent.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts