Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, to all I was wondering who wouldnt mind having a foreign coach, alot of countries are doing it now. If you are for a foreign coach who would it be and why.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I really wouldn't mind at all. Our coaches often employ bad tactics, are paid too much money, and select atrociously bad players who don't remotely deserve to play international football for any country, let alone Italy. And then there's the inevitable club politics that most of them have been accused of basing their policies on.

A foreigner would take away all this conditioning and favouritism (for want of a better word) away and would probably do a better job of picking teams and setting up a proper system in the team than what the local managers seem to be capable of. Don't know who to get, but as long as they have some decent credentials and are prepared to really find out about our players, I'd probably say let them have a run.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
if it eliminates all the bullcrap and politics, then for sure. italy has quality players and always has, we need a coach who doesnt piss fart around and plays the best players and plays quality football.

the question is, who would be the man for that job?

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
take Sven please, his wages are only 6m euros per year, a bargain :rollani:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
rather have Sven than our usual coaches like Trap. there's so many reasons why but I think the best way to sum it up is: Di Livio :rollani: :wallbang: :scream:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Vagabondo said:
rather have Sven than our usual coaches like Trap. there's so many reasons why but I think the best way to sum it up is: Di Livio :rollani: :wallbang: :scream:
we'll take him then, he's all your if you are willing to pay his wages.

Di Livio > Phil Neville.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I mean Di Livio at 36, and fielded during a knock-out game at a world cup. :wallbang: :yuck:

If you are at all susceptible to fits of cursing and blind rage, then you wouldn't want someone like Trapattoni calling the tune for a side you support. ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Bier said:
I wouldn't reject Mourinho actually ;)
yep, he has the right kind of attitude towards "stars". If they don't perform or don't even care about the team, Mourinho wouldn't think twice before dropping them. :thumbsup:

Lippi (and Trap before him) just pamper our "better" players and praise them in ways that they've never justified by performing for their country. :wallbang:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Mourinho is an overhyped drama queen. I don't see why we would want to add a prima donna coach to our prima donna players.

·
Registered
46,513 Posts
Mourinho could be a boomerang in Italy.

You might laugh, but in my opinion Mazzone is the man. :D

Carletto for CT! :stuckup:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Ruffian said:
Mourinho is an overhyped drama queen. I don't see why we would want to add a prima donna coach to our prima donna players.
Ruffian, without going into essay mode, I don't like some things about Mourinho either ;). But I'd give him a chance with the NT simply because it seems that he can make his teams win trophies.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Prandelli for CT!

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Ruffian said:
Bwahahahahahahaha!! :D

Sure, overhyped. A UEFA Cup trophy and a Champions league trophy in the last two years sitting in his house right now. He'll add to that collection after this year as well. :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone thought of Zemen he has done wonders with Lecce, with more talented players he could do more. He is not a drama queen.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Flo said:
Sure, overhyped. A UEFA Cup trophy and a Champions league trophy in the last two years sitting in his house right now. He'll add to that collection after this year as well. :D
Exactly!
Not to mention that he won those with a portuguese side ... imagine yourself 3 years back in time, telling somebody that FC Porto will win UEFA-Cup and Champions League within the next two years. How would this person you are talking to react?
Vagabondo put it right, you might think of Mourinho what you want, at the end of the day he lifts the trophies. ;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Luis Felipe Scolari, an oriundi, has mentioned in an interview to ESPN Brasil that he'd like a shot at coaching the Azzurra one day... ;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i remember his quote in the last world cup regarding the italian NT. They asked what his tactics would be and he said he'll play totti, vieri, inzaghi and inzaghi and build the team around them. I tell you one thing, i dont mind that mentality. italy has many world class players, all it needs is a coach to make it gel.

buffon, nesta, cannavaro, zambrotta, camoranesi, gattuso, pirlo, totti, cassano, gilardino. 10 players who are world class right now. gilardino getting there, maybe not there right now. but still, i find it hard to believe that a coach cant make that be more competitive than it is.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
I didn't say overrated, I said overhyped, meaning I'm sick of hearing about Mourinho and his tantrums and his coat and his stubble and his loyal followers, with or without hats. I prefer coaches who get the job done quietly and efficiently. I don't like poseurs. So sue me.

Lippi has won trophies at club level, like Mourinho, but neither of them have accomplished anything with a national team to date. That's why I wouldn't trade Lippi for Mourinho, even hypothetically.

Forget about Ancelotti, I want him at Milan. Scolari, on the other hand, might be interesting. I wouldn't turn down a no-crap coach like that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts