Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gerald Cid - Whatever they paid for him, it was too much. Released over the winter and back in France with Nice.

Rolando Bianchi - 8.8m. Looked decent but slowed down. Failed to settle and went back to Italy. Probably not coming back.

Alan Smith - 6m. 24 games ,no goals, nuff said

David Nugent - 6m. Poster boy for overrated English "Talent." Barely plays and probably isn't going to in the future with Defoe and Baros around.

Kieran Richardson - 5m. Wouldn't be worth 5m if he was healthy, certainly isn't worth 5m when he's crocked 75% of the time.

Craig Gordon - 9m. Newly promoted team makes ambitious 9m signing.. On a goalie. You couldn't make it up. Good at times but very inconsistent, even dropped for Darren Ward at one point.

Kieron Dyer- 6m. Ouch.

Craig Bellamy - 7.5m. Can probably still do the business but injury ridden. Unsure if there'll be a place in the West Ham squad for him once he's back.

Geremi atrocious so far

I`m sure you can think of more

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Robert Earnshaw - £3.5 Our record signing. I saw him play...once.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Darren Bent for 16M takes it for me. He hasn't played at all and when he has he hasn't looked the part. I thought he was the guy that was going to take Spurs to the next level?

Nugent is close as well simply because he was hyped up badly and Portsmouth were chasing his signature.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Benjie said:
Darren Bent for 16M takes it for me. He hasn't played at all and when he has he hasn't looked the part. I thought he was the guy that was going to take Spurs to the next level?

Nugent is close as well simply because he was hyped up badly and Portsmouth were chasing his signature.
Don't be condescending. He was never the guy that was going to take us to the next level, I don't recall anyone saying otherwise. He was never even going to be first choice, everyone knew that. Unless of course, he impressed in the few chances he would get. Which he hasn't, but he is a good player and can hardly be faulted for not doing much in a measly amount of play time.

Of course though, he is one of the standout transfers in this category.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Bianchi won't be that bad when he moves for 9.8m to Lazio in the summer, thats 1m profit on a guy who never let us down when he actually got on the pitch.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
You overpaid for him and he has subsequently underperformed, and his transfer value goes up - what part of that makes sense to you?

You realise he came on and got sent off within 5 minutes of his Lazio debut and hasn't been spotted since? He is behind Rocchi and Pandev in the pecking order at Lazio and there's no club in the world that'll want to both pay his current wages AND pay money for him. He was basically always a one-season wonder and had been useless until last season. We always get a few of those in Italy every year, where some guy suddenly looks like a world beater before slunking off into obscurity again (usually). Reggina got an unbelievable deal for him and obviously snapped it off.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
We have an agreed fee with Lazio of 9.8m. I know he got sent off, but if he impresses then they'll take up the offer. Otherwise Torino will probably want him for a similar fee.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I vote for Bent

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have an agreed fee with Lazio of 9.8m. I know he got sent off, but if he impresses then they'll take up the offer. Otherwise Torino will probably want him for a similar fee.
I doubt Lazio could afford 10m. They probably just took him on loan with no intention to buy him at the end tbh

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I've not seen that much of Gordon (or Sunderland). Has he really been that poor?

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
I'm surprised no one mentioned Kevin Boateng, absolutely useless signing, never done anything of notice.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Basically, nearly every Sunderland signing.
That lad they bought from Stoke for a couple of million.

And they also bought that ginger boy from West Brom. He was pretty cheap to be fair but he is absolutely shocking.

Craig Gordon over priced of course. They were better off keeping Marton Fulop in goal.

Kenwyne Jones is the best piece of business they have done.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts