Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be your TOP3 WORST strikers playing in a TOPTEAM?

When we talk about strikers it usually ends in a boring discussing about Henry and Ronaldo. I think this will be more fun, maybe the mod can create a poll with names?

My picks

1) Carew
2) Tomasson (scored many goals but just watching he move is aweful)
3) Kanu

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
:star: Diego Forlan! :star: :D

After a mini brief period of exquisite form he returned to his usual form. He has been given a decent number of opportunities by Alice but failed to take them.

As for Tomasson .... I would say that Milan fans are pretty satisfied with him coz his scoring rate is very decent for the number of minutes he plays. He is not one of those exquisite technique players but he is ultra-efficient because his scoring rate is pretty decent by any measure. The stats are there to show how decent he has been.

Kanu doesn't get much playing time but he still is efficient on the ball and does do something good from time to time. Wiltoad IMO is much more worse than Kanu. Wenger being a smart coach realized that Wiltoad was no good :)

Carew can be a candidate. He has all the talent that can make him a regular name in this thread :D

Recoba is a forward but if you count him in then he for me is the undoubtedly one of the worst players. He is overrated, underperforming and plays a decent game out of every 20 games he plays in. Virtually invisible performances for an extended period and then one day he will give a performance that is out of this world!! A jaw-dropping magnificent performance that leaves one spell-bound ... but that happens very rarely! :D

Yet Inter and their genius board persist with him and at one point used to give him $7.2 million (I think 2000) per year which was the highest amount paid to a player in world football. :howler:
Some Inter fans suck up to him as if he is the ultimate football god .... he is the player who has the talent and skill of a super footballer but a pea-brain that makes a fifth grader look like a Ph.D infront of him. Not mentally strong at all!

One question! You didn't mention HESKEY ! Did you forget to mention him or do you consider Pool to be NOT a TOP Team :D

My choices:

1) Forlan
2) Recoba
3) Wiltoad

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wiltord and Forlan are very good picks and Heskey would probably be my #1 pick if he was on a TOP TEAM. TOP TEAM meaning teams that are high on the table of their respective leagues.

But Recoba? I think you will a lot of flak from Inter fans :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Heskey is a very good player when he's on fire.. much better than them lot. However he does lack confidence to often ;).

1 - Carew - never rated

2 - Forlan - Not bad.. just not good enough

3 - Wiltord - £13 Million :/...

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Heskey is a very good player when he's on fire.. much better than them lot. However he does lack confidence to often ;).

yeah 3 seasons ago he was better....not anymore, i liked him though i thought he and Owen were gonna destroy the EPL for many seasons....to answer the question ....its hard....do you mean a player who STARTS ? or a Forlan player....

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AS_Roma83 said:
yeah 3 seasons ago he was better....not anymore, i liked him though i thought he and Owen were gonna destroy the EPL for many seasons....to answer the question ....its hard....do you mean a player who STARTS ? or a Forlan player....
could be on the bench for a top team, come guys make the picks :D

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
After seeing his miss from yesterday yet again on sky sports a few mins ago, it has to be forlan. This guy has had so much chances to prove himself and apart from about 10 games eh has been absolute crap

Heskey is also a contender, wiltord with this seasons form but you have to consider that the guy scored a lot goals for the arse from the right of midfield over the years

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Kluivert (if you call Barca a top team :D )

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow how could we forget Kluivert, good call! And yes Barça still a top team, they are in the 4th spot at La Liga.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
well Liverpool are still a top team then ,because they look like they will get 4th as well eventually. so

1.Forlan
2.Heskey
3.Jeffers........:depress:

btw did you hear Houllier's pep talk to Heskey when he came on as sub the other night ?

he said "everyone thinks you are shit and i've backed you up,prove me right" :D

i don't know whether that says more about Heskey's ability or Houlliers man-management skills ;):depress:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what a great motivator Houllier is, nothing like telling a player everyone thinks he is a shit!

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Liternit Liverpool are fourth but arent a top team and Barca are fourth but are.Makes sense.

Dont get me wrong people i want Heskey out of Liverpool and if/when Cisse comes he's on his way most likely but he has a record of a goal every games which isnt impressive at all but doesnt justify being the worst striker at a top team.Tomasson is an awful player but he somehow scores goals whenever he gets the chance so i think he should be discounted, same goes for Wiltord, scored alot of goals and suddenly since he's been out injured he's been ridiculed.And putting Kanu there is ridiculous, suggesting Recoba is also laughable.

Kluivert has been crap for to long IMO, Forlan is awful, Zalayeta, Jeffers, Bellion, Ameobi, Carew, Marlet, Delvechio.

Edit-I do believe Jern was being sarcastic in regards to what the toad said to Heskey...

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Solskjaer????:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tell me you were kidding.....because if you werent than you surely have some problems. The guy has played more than 60% of his games from the bench and every time he gets on the field he scores, so i dont know how he can be called crap. He is a great finisher.....theres no need for me to defend him as his performances defend himself

Bellion still has time on his side, and he could becoem something in the future as he is fast as fuk.

And about trezeguet...cmon man...how can u call the guy crap

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Definitly Carew.

To imagine the guy is a footballer is already astonishing as it is.

And I was once in this bar and there was this noregian guy saying that Carew was better than Ronaldo:eek: :eek: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :howler: :howler: :howler:

Note: The guy was serious;)

Heskey deserves a good mention also.

Recoba is not included as i don't consider him a striker.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts