• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering price involved & performance during the season...

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Valdifiori was only 5.5m signing. Might as well have said Vlad Chiricheș then, a defender Napoli bought for 6m but hardly featured.

·
Registered
34,451 Posts
Andrea Bertolacci (AC MILAN) - 20m
Geoffrey Kondogbia (INTER) - 31m
Mirko Valdifiori (NAPOLI) - 5.5m
Mario Suárez (FIORENTINA) - 15m (Atletico paid 25m for Savic though so its almost a 10m profit for Viola)
Edin Džeko (ROMA) - 11m
Hernanes (JUVENTUS) - 11m (+2m installment)
Luis Muriel (SAMPDORIA) - 10m

----------------------------------------------
Suarez was moving to Watford in january already for 4m.

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
Tight between Kondogbia and Bertolacci.

Both of them somewhat had brief moments of decent play in various moments of the season. But overall, poor. Kondogbia was actually good against Napoli and prior to that in their Palermo win too. Can't recall any other highlights. Andrea Bertolacci actually had a very good defensive-midfield performance against Lazio (1-1), and a few other "okay" games (especially under Miha in the 2nd half of the season!!).

I'll hand it to Kondogbia though, as he was touted as a great signing for Inter and billed as the next big thing. Honestly was expecting him to burst on to the scene. Underwhelming.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,615 Posts
Muriel was signed in 2014/2015, during the winter transfer window.

It has to be Kondogbia, in terms of performance/price. Surely not the ones of Juventus, Roma and Napoli as the clubs reached their goal anyway
As did Inter! :stuckup:

At least if Mancio is to be believed.

Kondogbia is probably the correct answer, considering the price, even if he's been playing a bit better at the end of the season.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should add the prices to the names also. Cause for example Dzeko + Hernanes + Muriel = Kondogbia
I intentionally choose not to put transfer fees because whenever financial figures are posted they are questioned... for example Kondogbia, some say it is a 30m transfer with easy bonuses reaching 40m, other sources say it is 32m while others mention a 35m transfer fee...

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Bertolacci because he's worse and I knew then it was a poor transfer. With Kondogbia, at least there's the benefit of hindsight. The price was high but didn't know he was going to be completely useless.

·
Administrator
52,112 Posts
For price alone Kondogbia, tho I didnt rate him much and not suprised he would struggle in mediocre team even tho underwhelming for sure.

But on expected impact I voted for Dzeko, supposed to be clear quality upgrade but sucked alot.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bertolacci because he's worse and I knew then it was a poor transfer. With Kondogbia, at least there's the benefit of hindsight. The price was high but didn't know he was going to be completely useless.
Interesting way to think about it..

For me its Kondogbia, like you I've expected much more from him specially with all the hype and expectations when he arrived, not to mention his price tag and the way they battled Milan to sign him and sacrificed Kovacic... all those things combined made him more of a flop...

I'd then put Dzeko, watching him play was probably painful for Roma fans... he missed numerous easy chances and was many times a hindrance to the team, he started well but then his presence was awkward....the fact that a 40-year old Totti made it look so much easier to score probably didn't help either...

I think Bertolacci wasn't so bad when he played for Milan, he was average or okay at best... but Milan were certainly over-priced when they signed him....

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Interesting way to think about it..

For me its Kondogbia, like you I've expected much more from him specially with all the hype and expectations when he arrived, not to mention his price tag and the way they battled Milan to sign him and sacrificed Kovacic... all those things combined made him more of a flop...

I'd then put Dzeko, watching him play was probably painful for Roma fans... he missed numerous easy chances and was many times a hindrance to the team, he started well but then his presence was awkward....the fact that a 40-year old Totti made it look so much easier to score probably didn't help either...

I think Bertolacci wasn't so bad when he played for Milan, he was average or okay at best... but Milan were certainly over-priced when they signed him....
Kondogbia really had only one good season (last season), and he wasn't WC or anything but was a good, solid B2B. I wouldn't have been surprised with a season not as good, but I expected him to at least look like a half-decent footballer.

Dzeko's confidence was completely shot in the 2nd half of the season. It was shocking at times. Overall, I think he was the worst performance-wise.

To me, Milan's Romagnoli buy was poor too btw, just not as bad.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To me, Milan's Romagnoli buy was poor too btw, just not as bad.
If you think about it, the whole transfer campaign was a disaster for them... Balotelli was also a dud, Bacca only came after Atletico intervened with Jackson Martinez who was Galliani's first choice and is now plying his trade in Beijing... Torres who left reached a CL final, while El Shaarawy, after leaving them, will play CL football next season ...

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
If you think about it, the whole transfer campaign was a disaster for them... Balotelli was also a dud, Bacca only came after Atletico intervened with Jackson Martinez who was Galliani's first choice and is now plying his trade in Beijing... Torres who left reached a CL final, while El Shaarawy, after leaving them, will play CL football next season ...
:D

If that is not enough to get Galliani out, I don't know what is.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
There was this round were players Milan sold/loaned our scored like 12 goals. :D :sad:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Kondogbia at least was rated by many, hyped for potential. They gambled, overspent and he flopped. A different team might have been a different story.

Bertolacci though? Everyone, aside from a few Milan fans, knew this would be a waste of money. Definitely worst of the season's signings.

Honourable mention - Hernanes. Pathetic panic buy that was never going to end well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts