Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets make this a little simpler and say, the worst centre backs on top teams from the top world premier leages.

Argel is definitely one of the worst centre backs I have ever seen. :yuck:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I've a feeling Pascal Cygan could come up on rather a few occassions. ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Too many to list really, but from the top of my head: Bramble, Silvestre, Mihajlovic, Legrottaglie, Pavon, Cygan, Bovo, Roque Junior...

·
Registered
61,194 Posts
Definitely Alessandro Nesta !

The guy can't run properly, can't slide tackle, can't anticipate strikers, has no pace and can't organize a defence.

He's rated highly just because he's a looker. Other than that he makes Titus Bramble look like Franco Baresi.

·
Registered
61,194 Posts
Dmitriy said:
that Danish guy from Norwich City. what's his name?
Thomas Helveg ?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Oh and that ginger donkey who used to play for Tottenham, Gary Doherty was his name? He's the worse player I've ever seen in the Premier League bar none. Interesting thing about him is that he can also play up front with equal incompetence, thus having the rather unique honor of being among the worse top 5 of center backs AND strikers. :D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
im sorry, but Nesta is just a looker, and please dont compare Baresi with Bramble, the two are not comparable, Nesta is the 2nd best defender in the World (2nd to Puyol) and why has his name even shown up on this thread.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Helveg isn't a centre back. Only if he's under Zaccheroni and the latter desperately have to see his golden boy on the field. He's the worst full-back though.

For me, Roque Junkior wins this for sure. With him, it's always 10 vs 12!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Silvestre? are you people outta your minds?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon Cygan , Pavon

DAM i HATE THEM !!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
zainali said:
Silvestre? are you people outta your minds?
Silvestre should've given away well over six handballs in the box in 2004 alone. He's an uncoordinated, and quite frankly, crap centre half. He's better off at left back where he can't get in the way enough to screw up.

Cygan is just as bad, though.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts