Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4272205.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4269991.stm

One sign financial success is becoming increasingly related to on-pitch success - despite Porto's victory during 2003/04 - is that the second round of this season's Champions League has paired eight of the top nine Money League clubs with each other.
The global top 20 is entirely european and 8 out of the top 20 is english. No big surprises here. I have a hard time understanding where Juventus earn all their money though. It says:

Deloitte review does not include the cost of transfer fees or player wages, and concentrates solely on day-to-day income from football business.

ncome includes money from ticket sales, corporate hospitality, merchandising, television revenues, and non-match day stadium use such as for weddings or conferences.
Why is Juve so high up? Do they have a real good TV-deal, merchandise? Surely can't be ticket sales.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Great TV deals for Juve

"Many of Europe's leading clubs have a great, and as yet relatively unexploited, opportunity to develop significant income streams from their stadia."
Here is a interesting piece. I said this before and can say it again, many teams need to and can earn a lot more from improving their grounds. If not learning from the English, learn from the americans that have mastered the art in money generating stadiums.

·
Registered
17,567 Posts
Don't judge our ability to generate income based on our attendances at the Delle Alpi, we are a very financially sound club and have a very lucrative brand name.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Hasuni said:
We play the best football, we should be:D:
:D :thumbsup:

Juventus have always been an exceptionally well run club. They have an excellent TV deal and a rather helpful set of sponsors. They've been financially sound for a long time.

·
Registered
890 Posts
juss dont conceive... will Abro' really donate all his money for chelski in future or not... if so... the football is not interesting any more in England... :mad: :cry:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
We made more money than they did last season but, no, we are not richer than Barcelona at all. Because we played CL and they didn't we would've made more, and we did get the prize money for winning our league and achieving a higher league position.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
toff said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4272205.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4269991.stm

The global top 20 is entirely european and 8 out of the top 20 is english. No big surprises here.
BBC is english too. :) Anyway I think this list is ok. Man Utd has the more brilliant management in my opinion.

toff said:
I have a hard time understanding where Juventus earn all their money though.
Juventus has the largest number of heavy fans in Italy. Even if i don't believe so much in stats, i report just an example:

F.C. Juventus 11.040.000 37%
F.C. Inter Milan 6.728.000 23%
A.C. Milan 5.818.000 20%
A.S. Roma 2.886.000 10%
S.S. Lazio 2.070.000 7%

(Source: AC Nielsen, March 2001)

Juventus has a very large number of fans in Europe and in the rest of world too.

toff said:
Why is Juve so high up? Do they have a real good TV-deal, merchandise? Surely can't be ticket sales.
Merchandising, CL and the best tv deal in Italy.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
This list is flawed. Chelsea are fourth? On a practical level, they are so far ahead of the field that the rest of the world look like paupers in comparison.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I think milan can afford Ronaldinho now

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Are there any figures which show the profits made by each club? That would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
:D :thumbsup:

Juventus have always been an exceptionally well run club. They have an excellent TV deal and a rather helpful set of sponsors. They've been financially sound for a long time.
You are right. The owner of Juventus owns Ferrari auto, Fiat auto, Lancia, Maserati, Alfa Romeo...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
khimik said:
KILL IT. IT'S EVIL.
Hi! My dear friend... How are you?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BBC is english yes. It's not BBC who came up with the numbers though. So thats barely the point. Should have guessed someone like you would attempt to make this into an english-bias thing though. I just asked a question about Juve, and got a few good replies.

To the person asking why Chelsea weren't on top. These are just income numbers from the day to day business. It doesn't take into account rich owners putting money into the clubs. So for practical purposes, it's off course not the whole truth.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
toff said:
BBC is english yes. It's not BBC who came up with the numbers though. So thats barely the point. Should have guessed someone like you would attempt to make this into an english-bias thing though.
I was joking.

toff said:
I just asked a question about Juve, and got a few good replies.
Wich ones?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts