Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
We will ROCK u
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
why vela? he blows. Glad to see giovani back!

GIOVANI DOS SANTOS, JONATHAN DOS SANTOS, CARLOS VELA CALLED UP FOR MEXICO FRIENDLY

El Tri manager Juan Carlos Osorio will have the trio at his disposal for Jan. 31's match against Bosnia-Herzegovina
The Los Angeles contingent will be present in San Antonio.

LA Galaxy duo Giovani dos Santos and Jonathan dos Santos and LAFC forward Carlos Vela were called up for the Mexico national team's friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Jan. 31 game in the Alamodome does not fall in a FIFA window, and Mexico will play with a team drawn largely from Liga MX. However, with MLS in preseason, the Dos Santos brothers and Vela also are set to take part.

Mexico national team: Giovani dos Santos, Jonathan dos Santos, Carlos Vela called up for January friendly | Goal.com

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Vela has skills....only question is does he have motivation. We'll see.....

Giovani always shows up for the NT. I'd like to see him take more of a leadership role.

·
We will ROCK u
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep...tho, i am not sure if he has leadership qualities...hes a quiet player

I actually want to see jonathan in midfield...lets see he how he does.

·
We will ROCK u
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
arrrrg, baily should stick with jamaica...cmon, man....u cant do this to them

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/leon-bailey-country-england-belgium-jamaica-bayer.jsp

Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey has refused to pledge his international future to Jamaica. Could Belgium, England or even Germany benefit?

The Kingston-born 20-year-old has represented his country of birth once at U23 level - scoring a free-kick in his hitherto only international appearance, against the Cayman Islands in March 2015 - but after a stunning start to the 2017/18 Bundesliga campaign, he says his international future could lie further afield.

“It's been like that for years, but my opinion hasn’t changed and people have to accept that,” the attacker, who has eight goals and six assists to his name this term, told Bild. “Which country I play for is still open.”

Watch: Bailey has set the Bundesliga alight this season!

·
Super Moderator
13,710 Posts
That would suck for them.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
If it was me, I would play for the country I was raised. That being said, if I had aspirations of playing in a WC....well :D

·
We will ROCK u
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He may very well be the next US coach

"Mexico coach Osorio admits contact with other federations, eyes Premier League

Mexico coach Juan Carlos Osorio has admitted that he's turned down a contract extension with El Tri and has already had contact with other national teams.

The 56-year-old added that his future as Mexico coach after this summer's World Cup will depend on results, in an interview with The Sun."

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
ill be rooting for portugal and mexico and concacaf! Im no glory hunter!:surprise::grin2::devil2:
let me offer one more team for you to cheer for, CROATIA

Hear me out... US's best player is Christian Pulisic (aka Pulišić in his grandfather's native Croatia) who had the ability to play for the US or for Croatia. Since USA isn't in it, you might as well cheer for where their best players bloodline comes from :D

·
We will ROCK u
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Friday, March 23

Mexico vs. Iceland

7:30 p.m. PT

Levi’s Stadium
Santa Clara, Calif.

Tuesday, March 27

Mexico vs. Croatia

7:00 p.m. PT

AT&T Stadium
Arlington, Texas

Dos santos will miss the friendlies cuz he is hurt. Mexican american, jonathan, gets another call up tho.

Without U.S. Soccer to Root for, Fox and Telemundo Double Down on Mexico

The Americans’ collapse elevates the Mexican national team for both networks and intensifies the competition for the 21 million bilingual viewers in the U.S

enemy or not...we need to root for mexico :strong:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,444 Posts
Conmebol has informed FIFA's Infantino that all 10 NATIONS in the Federation WILL BE VOTING in Favor of the 2016 WC in North America. :wink2:

1 - 20 of 92 Posts