Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering with today's technology why arent qualifiers world wide and then only the world's best are qualifying instead of some third rate Asian or North American team. They could separate all the countries into groups and so Mexico wouldnt keep on qualifying with the USA when there are teams in Europe with more talent like Holland, Czech Republic, Romania and Yugoslavia. I know a lot of people wont agree with me but if the world cup was to showcase the best of best teams then this should happen and it would also make the other weaker confederations to improve and compete at a higher level. Because apart from Cameroon, Nigeria, Brazil, Argentina and maybe Mexico can compete with the Europeans.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I agree in part with you that FIFA should alter the qualifiers so that the best teams in the World are in the WC. But also all the continents need to be represented. Now do you trully believe that apart from Nigeria, Camerron, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico all the other teams would not hold water against Euro teams. You don't get to watch too much football from outside of Europe.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Nonsense, it's called a WC for something, if a team is not good enough to qualify for the WEC, then it shouldn't be in the WC, Uruguay, Paraguay can beat a european team anyday of the week. also, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland, Turkey, Slovenia, Poland, Russia, Belgium, this teams are all fair, i mean they are not the best of the best, you know what i mean, Europe has too many teams in the WC, 15 to be exact, and Holland is the most overated team of all times, getting to WC finals and always losing them.....

·
Administrator
11,765 Posts
Beyond the points about weak teams there is also the money issue and fixture issue.
Travel costs will rise if teams have to travel longer distances.
You need more time if you need to be travelling to another continent for some qualifiers so players will be asked leave their club teams sooner so as to adapt to the new time zone for their games possibly half way arond the world, how many times are players/teams willing to do this?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I think the major issue would be fatigue from the traveling. You sae the fuss the clubs kicked up when France had tp play a friendly in Austrailia. Imagine having that half a dozen times a year.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
not only that, but this way FIFA encourages development of football throughout the world... besides, europe already has most places

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just because this is world cup not -- best soccer show.

I think there have two reasons of WC except money:
1) name a best team during every 4 years.
2) extend soccer to developing region.

above two reasons all non of alsorans business:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts