Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good world soccer magazine written in English that is good to subcribe to????....Obrigado!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
World Soccer the magazine is pretty good, but it is a little England bias...just a little (in case you don't catch the sarcasm)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marcoa! Great game today by the way I thought both teams played hard now thats what portuguese soccer is all about!!! Can I prescribe to it online??? Which one was the magazine that had Figo on the cover last month???

[This message has been edited by Bulletproof (edited 22-05-2000).]

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Yes, Figo was on the cover. The current issue has Shevchencko. They have a website, but it is new. At the moment it has Euro 2000 info only. Hopefully, they will expand it in future. Marcoa is correct in saying it has a heavy British leaning, but it is still the best source for info on soccer from around the world. My main beef is they lump all of South America into two or three pages. I'd like more. And their Portuguese league info is limited, although they do have the occasional club focus report that is informative.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
World soccer magazine is also $81.00 a year if you want it sent here to Boston that's kinda steep. I bought this months edition at a newstand over in Harvard Square it was the only place I could find it. They have a small article on Sporting and it has a picture of Beto next to it that was pretty cool. They also have an interview with Paulo Sousa and he says that Portugal is still a few years away from competing with the best in Europe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts