Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even as I typed this post, I still cannot believe it...

:proud:

What can we expect as the Starting XI from The Repre?

·
皇帝
933 Posts
You´re not giving up on winning squad - I say Weiss will start with +- same 11 as against the Italians and our tactics shall be simple - counter-attacks from solid defense. Netherlands are all-around attacking team which will rape us if we´ll do some mistakes in defense however their defense is slightly lacking. Attack them in mid-field, attack their passing and deny them long ball possetion in our half with quick pass to Jakubko and Vittek from wings by Stoch and Hamšík. I say that´s the way to survive this game. We did great job against Italy but even that won´t be enought against Netherlands in its current form, we have tu pull out even bigger miracle than before to win this one.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I wish you a nice match guys, enjoy it! You deserve it. Hopefully we will win ;). But I think most people in The Netherlands have a lot of respect for Slovakia after their results both in the qualifying campain and in the group phase. I personally really celebrated your win over Italy, because you kicked out that arrogant and overrated country.

May 18 I visited the match The Netherlands-Slovakia Under 19, qualifying for the European Under 19 championship. The match ended 0-0. It was the first of 3 matches and we in the end managed to qualify. But Slovakia was the only match we didn't win. And Slovakia finished 2nd, beating Germany in their 2nd match. And striker Matus Mikus impressed. He will probably reach the first NT during the next years and will become an important striker for you in the future.

An advantage for Slovakia is that while we have to win, Slovakia has already more than achieved its goals and everything extra would be a very nice plus. We hope that we finally will grow towards our normal level. Our attack is not playing the way it should. If we succeed to reach our level and manage to score, we should win. But if Slovakia can prevent us from scoring and can steal a goal ;), it might get exciting...

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Welcome here Oranje :thumbsup:

thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I remember that Tournament, only winner went through and we both defeated ruling champs Germans. In last round we lost to Poland and screwed our chances to qualify, but I could hardly call it disappointment.

You´ve won every Qualifiers and Group games, so you are deservingly heavily favourites of this game. Plus I have seen you play Hungary 2-3 weeks ago, in 2nd half I felt like there is 15 dutch players on pitch, specially Robben playing great game, what a player :eek:

I think that our game plan shall be keeping the game low-scoring, the best 0-0 till 60th and trying to counter because your guys shall be prone to doing mistakes due to increased nervosity.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
End of the road, I'm afraid. Hopefully for you guys this is one huge jinx. :D
Yea keep them coming buddy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another jinx machine is Szovkap, he jinxed Americans vs Slovenia supporting USA because Tim Howard is half hungarian. W need to find hungarian link in a dutch team, maybe Huntelaar ? Sounds like Harangozó :D

·
Registered
57,332 Posts
Yea keep them coming buddy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another jinx machine is Szovkap, he jinxed Americans vs Slovenia supporting USA because Tim Howard is half hungarian. W need to find hungarian link in a dutch team, maybe Huntelaar ? Sounds like Harangozó :D
:D

I can also jinx positively. remember, couple of years back, a friendly Romania - Germany, I announced a 5-0 win for Romania, and it only didnt happen because germans scored a late lucky goal to make it 1-5 :wallbang:

then they called me god in romanian forum :D

but wait, I found some magyars on their team, Fiatal Miklos, Perzsa Robi,
Nyolcker Sándor (ok I was inventing on this one :D), Szabó Vilmos, Mátéffy György, Kerekes Gergely

they have a lot, so hajrá németalföldiek :howler:

I wish I can add them to my supported teams list as San Hollandino soon :lala:

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Szovkap if you jinx dutchies I start worshipping your divinity, I swear :D

Hopefully I´ll be able to find some TV on my route to France this Monday. At the time of kick-off I´ll somewhere between Krankfurt and Koeln, Tuesday having an important meeting with Les Blöds fans near Lille.

·
Registered
57,332 Posts
Szovkap if you jinx dutchies I start worshipping your divinity, I swear :D

Hopefully I´ll be able to find some TV on my route to France this Monday. At the time of kick-off I´ll somewhere between Krankfurt and Koeln, Tuesday having an important meeting with Les Blöds fans near Lille.
there are TV at most (if not all) autobahnraststátten

1 - 20 of 32 Posts