Discussion Starter #1
Singapore 2 - 0 Lebanon

:proud:

·
Registered
45,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meanwhile, Uzbekistan beat Saudi Arabia 3-0! :eek:

Group is wide open at the moment, although Saudi Arabia and Lebanon appear to be the favourites. Uzbekistan has also been very impressive over the past year or two.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yeah, there were some interesting result in this round. Saudi, Japan are well known victims.

I thought a draw is not bad for China. I'm just suprised Socceroos didn't win that game:eek:

·
Registered
42,799 Posts
I'm just suprised Socceroos didn't win that game:eek:
We had a crisis of attacking options. Viduka, Kewell, Cahill, Kennedy, McDonald - were absent for varying reasons, mainly injury. Add to that Thompson's injury in the 8th minute. Altitude must also be taken into consideration, the players showed considerable effort early on, which tailed off. All in all it's a good result for us.

As mentioned, some interesting results across the continent. It would be nice to see a new face emerge as a true contender for qualification, such as the Uzbeks.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
I thought a draw is not bad for China. I'm just suprised Socceroos didn't win that game:eek:
It is bad for China. Considering they played at home and missed the winning PK in the last minute. Australia should feel lucky they came away with a point, especially some key players were missing due to injury.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The only two teams having full points from the two played rounds are Bahrain and Uzbekistan, both from pot 2. Some of the pot 1 teams even tasted defeat in the second match :wth:

Most interestingly, the China-Australia result creates a huge rift among the fans, with some happy with the draw and some very angry that Australia did not go for the win.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
It wasn't a bad result for Australia. It could have been worse, at least they got a point out of the match, especially an away match, not to mention missing those key players.

·
Registered
639 Posts
All I know is that China isn't going to advance as usual.
Yeah, there were some interesting result in this round. Saudi, Japan are well known victims.

Forget it,we can't get the 2010 World Cup qualification!
Why?Chinese player's low ability is not the main reason,the corruption,the bureaucratism which surrounding the CFA(China Football Association) is the prime criminal!
Disgusting result made us always feel frustrated,20 years have passed,China National Football Team never beat Korea NT even once!That sounds unbelievable!But it is true!
I admit Korea NT is a good team in Asia,but 20-year without one victory,that sucks!CFA is totally a bull sh*t!

·
Super
4,283 Posts
It is amazing that one nation can dominate another for 20 years in football. There is no hope for Chinese football. I am sure most of their fans have given up on them already.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It's strange that China dominates other sports except baseball and football. :rollani:

Yes, it is true that China didn't beat South Korea over a decade, what others like to call it 'Koreaphobia'. But whenever South Korea plays against China, that history also burdens to S.Korea team and coaches since they don't want to be the first victim to lose to China.:scared:

Well, for China fans...at least you can count on women's football;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's strange that China dominates other sports except baseball and football. :rollani:

Yes, it is true that China didn't beat South Korea over a decade, what others like to call it 'Koreaphobia'. But whenever South Korea plays against China, that history also burdens to S.Korea team and coaches since they don't want to be the first victim to lose to China.:scared:

Well, for China fans...at least you can count on women's football;)
In 1999,there was an amazing woman football team that we had.Sunwen showed what a world-classic woman player should be.After 2000 Olympic Games,"great CFA" screwed up the whole team,it became a tool for help them(some officials) get promotion!On 2004,we lost our Olympic games with humiliating result "0-8" against German!This never happened before,even on China Man football team!
From then,we lost our faith with our girls!This is not their fault,this is total CFA's fault!!!
Now there is no qualified China NT!whatever male team or female.
Refer to the young team.Ok,if you know,China youth always get good results in some international matches.That is a little funny or incredible:why youth team does well,but NT does bad?Cause some of youth team players had changed or hidden their ages before attending match!So maybe in a U-21 game,there are some players whose ages over 25!And to attend various kinds of age-limited games,they changed their ages over and over again!There is a joke,a journalist gave a NT player an interview:how old are you?the answer is:3 years ago I was 19,2 years ago I was 23,last year I was 25.Oh,damn it,I can figure out how old I am this year!
Is that funny?But is realism in China Football Field!The culprit is those fu*king officials!
This is not Koreaphobia problem,this is a system problem,if we don't solve it,there is never a method to overcome Koreaphobia.If you meet a Chinese football fan,you can ask him in private(remember "in private",we Chinese don't want to lose face in public):if you have confidence with your NT?I think most of them would say:No!
There is a lot of problems with China Football!Hard to explain it in detail.
In a word,in a decade,even a huge revolution will happen in football field. China NT won't become better!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would like to see who will the first Korean coach lose the game against our team in recent 20 years!That record need to be broken!
I don't mean to say if this happen,China Football will be stronger,I just curious about breaking record~

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In 1999,there was an amazing woman football team that we had.Sunwen showed what a world-classic woman player should be.After 2000 Olympic Games,"great CFA" screwed up the whole team,it became a tool for help them(some officials) get promotion!On 2004,we lost our Olympic games with humiliating result "0-8" against German!This never happened before,even on China Man football team!
From then,we lost our faith with our girls!This is not their fault,this is total CFA's fault!!!
Now there is no qualified China NT!whatever male team or female.
Refer to the young team.Ok,if you know,China youth always get good results in some international matches.That is a little funny or incredible:why youth team does well,but NT does bad?Cause some of youth team players had changed or hidden their ages before attending match!So maybe in a U-21 game,there are some players whose ages over 25!And to attend various kinds of age-limited games,they changed their ages over and over again!There is a joke,a journalist gave a NT player an interview:how old are you?the answer is:3 years ago I was 19,2 years ago I was 23,last year I was 25.Oh,damn it,I can figure out how old I am this year!
Is that funny?But is realism in China Football Field!The culprit is those fu*king officials!
This is not Koreaphobia problem,this is a system problem,if we don't solve it,there is never a method to overcome Koreaphobia.If you meet a Chinese football fan,you can ask him in private(remember "in private",we Chinese don't want to lose face in public):if you have confidence with your NT?I think most of them would say:No!
There is a lot of problems with China Football!Hard to explain it in detail.
In a word,in a decade,even a huge revolution will happen in football field. China NT won't become better!
I knew it! I knew there was something going on China player's age, but didn't know that problem is really serious. :dazed:

Well, good luck to China football. Hope you guys can rebuild the team. Maybe, upcoming Olympics can change some stuff. BTW, where are all those 'platinum generations'?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I knew it! I knew there was something going on China player's age, but didn't know that problem is really serious. :dazed:

Well, good luck to China football. Hope you guys can rebuild the team. Maybe, upcoming Olympics can change some stuff. BTW, where are all those 'platinum generations'?
Good memory:thmbup:.You still remember the 'platinum generations'!
Unfortunately, almost all of them have miserable destinies.Remember the goolie Anqi,that time he was considered as the "China Buffon",what about today's Anqi.Do you know he was impounded for hunting hooker?
And the "freekick expert"--Xvliang,was fired by Liaoning football club,and had to play in China second division league(this year he is back to China Super League with Guangzhou team)!And Yutao hasn't been on line-up for a long time.You know, many "platinum generations"playing for Dalian Club,which is the best club in China,and I beg to say,only Dalian can represent chinese football teams fighting against Korean and Jpanese clubs.But look at these "platinum generations",look at what they have done in Dalian?Except Wangsheng,they were even not qualified for being on pitch.
There are just two qualified "platinum generations"---Qubo and Sunxiang.Qubo scored in the match against Argentina in 2001 world youth tournament,that is much impressive.Then Hot Spur offered him a trial.Damn stupid PERM closed the door for Qubo to England.Sunxiang,you can't forget PSV,Park ji-sung and Lee Young-pyo started their Europe tour from there,so as Sunxiang.He made Chinese CL debut in PSV.
This is the situation of today's "platinum generations"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts