Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Qualification starts, let´s hope Slovakia fares better than in last one

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Griga/Hipp announced following 20-men squad for next 2 qualifiers (Lithuania away, Liechtenstein home):

Keepers: Ján Mucha (FC Everton), Dušan Perniš (Pogon Sczeczin), Dušan Kuciak (Legia Warszaw)

Defenders: Peter Pekarík (Hertha Berlin), Lukáš Pauschek (ŠK Slovan Bratislava), Martin Škrtel (FC Liverpool), Tomáš Hubočan (Zenit St.Petersburg), Kornel Saláta (FK Rostov), Radoslav Zabavník (1. FSV Mainz 05), Marek Čech (Trabzonspor)

Midfielders: Vladimír Weiss ml. (Delfino Pescara), Juraj Kucka (FC Genoa), Karim Guédé (SC Freiburg), Viktor Pečovský (MŠK Žilina), Ľubomír Guldan (Ludogorec Razgrad), Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce Istanbul), Michal Breznaník (Slovan Liberec), Marek Hamšík (SSC Neapol), Marek Sapara (Trabzonspor), Michal Ďuriš (FC Viktoria Plzeň)

Forwards : Marek Bakoš (FC Viktoria Plzeň), Martin Jakubko (FC Amkar Perm)

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I expect following starting XI (4-5-1)

Mucha
Pekarik - Skrtel - Hubocan - Zabavnik
Weiss - Kucka - Guede - Sapara
Hamsik
Bakos​

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Of course, I went with Slovakia winning the group. It is not impossible and I like some of the flexibility some of the players provide. It all starts now.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thumbsup:

on a good day, we can beat everyone. Thing is, we have a good day once in a 10 years :D

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which guarantees spot for either of Bakoš or Jakubko. Jakubko scored vs Denmark, while Bakoš seems to be in form of his life in Plzen.

·
Registered
69,196 Posts
very kind group for Slovakia imo, and if they play to their potential they can win it. But, Greece is one of those teams who can get a result out their ass. They are a team who could very easily lost to Latvia but then pick up 6 points against both Slovakia/BiH.

Don't know what to think about BiH, very good in attack but shakey defensively. They lack consistency but they should feel confident about this group as well. Thing with BiH is the need to prove it against the more "proven" teams like Greece

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
very kind group for Slovakia imo, and if they play to their potential they can win it. But, Greece is one of those teams who can get a result out their ass. They are a team who could very easily lost to Latvia but then pick up 6 points against both Slovakia/BiH.

Don't know what to think about BiH, very good in attack but shakey defensively. They lack consistency but they should feel confident about this group as well. Thing with BiH is the need to prove it against the more "proven" teams like Greece
this group can be tricky, could all go down to who lose the least points against teams like Lithuania or Latvia.

Good point on Bosnian defense, however I´m not much convinced about our attack´s ability to expose the weakness of their defense.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will Weiss begin to show out and be focused? Will Hamsik continue his club form?
Weiss has bag of tricks, but sometimes tends to run into wall and has no final product. He needs to improve his passing and try to score, like in Turkey friendly.

It´s difficult to expect miracles from Hamsik, in Slovak NT he has no Cavani (Jakubko ? :howler:) or Insigne (Weiss ?) working hard upfront who are creating mess in opponent´s defense. Plus so far he was given different role, Weiss sr. withdrew him to playmaking role which doesnt suit him well imo.

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
terrible decisions by refs imo on both occasions, first stealing a perfect goal then straight red. **** them to the ear, wankers.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I always make up strange political theories if the refs judge against us :D.
We Armenians are pro at this, during the Armenia - Macedonia game all our newspapers wrote that Aliyev would pay Macedonias coach 6 million euros if they won :D

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not fan of conspiration theories, refs made mistakes which is old news, noone complains when their bad decisions go your direction. This time they damaged us, but at the same time we shot ourselves in the foot by fielding Mucha who warms Everton´s bench 2 consecutive years. I dont want to see his stupid ass in NT jersey anymore, Lithuanian goal was completely on him.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts