Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
World Cup Prediction League

Objective: Predict each game and stand to win points. Accumulate your points and climb up the standings.

What to predict:
1) Scoreline
2) Goalscorers
3) Team wins first corner (A: first team)
4) Team gets first yellow card (A: first team)
5) Team kicks off in the first half(A: first team)
6) Team defends the goal to the left in the first half. (A: first team)
With effect from 6/6 (Day 7), this last prediction will be replaced by: Team which gets first free kick in the opposition half (A: first team)

1) For scoreline: (each participant will only get points from ONLY one category)
Correct side to win/lose: 5pts
Both sides to draw: 8pts
Correct margin of victory: 10pts
Correct score: 20pts

2) Goalscorers
Correct player: 8pts
3) Team wins first corner
Correct: 2pts
4) Team gets first yellow card
5) Team kicks off in the first half
6) Team defends the goal to the left in the first half

Penalty points:
1) Predicting 4 goals or more than what the teams actually scores: -5pts per goal (penalty)

Stages:
Group Stages: Points * 1.0 --> Final Points
2nd round: Points * 1.2 --> Final Points
Quarter Finals: Points * 1.4 --> Final Points
Semi Finals: Points * 1.6 --> Final Points
Final & 3/4: Points * 1.8 --> Final Points

This is to reflect the importance of latter stages of the WC.

Example of Prediction you should send:

Germany 3-1 England (Bierhoff,Ballack2)(Beckham) A,B,A,A: if you think Germany is going to earn the first corner, kicks off from left to right in the first half and England will get the first yellow card.

Rules:
1) Submit all predictions 30 minutes before match kickoff. This is to be strictly enforced.
2) If you think a player will score twice, please write his name twice or indicate 2 or similar. Avoid using nicknames of players. This is the World Cup and I can't know every single player's nickname.
3) The Penalty points is introduced to discourage predicting big scores. If you predict Germany to beat England 5-0 but in actual fact, Germany only manage a 0-0 draw, you will lose 10 points.
4) Competition will take place daily and on all games. Scores will be tabluated daily. If there are any problems with your points, kindly inform me thru PM.
5) I will put up threads about 6 to 7 days in advance.
6) Total points will be reflected on a separate thread and will be updated daily.
7) Information from the official site fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/en will be used to resolve any disputes. As to decide which is the left side or right, the view from my TV feed will be used (which I believe should be the international feed).
8) Scores after 90 minutes (including injury time) only will be taken as reference.
9) Be logical and sensible. Have fun.

If you have any queries, pls feel free to PM me or post in this thread. I will reply as soon as I can.

paw;)

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
A COUPLE OF qUESTIONS????

1) For scoreline: (each participant will only get points from ONLY one category)

Correct side to win/lose: 5pts
Both sides to draw: 8pts
Correct margin of victory: 10pts **FOR ANY TEAM???i DONT THINK SO
Correct score: 20pts

2) Goalscorers
Correct player: 8pts ********EACH goal OR ALL OF THEM???????

3) Team wins first corner

4) Team gets first yellow card

5) Team kicks off in the first half

Correct: 2pts "who"s left?"""

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ForçaMadeirense said:

Correct margin of victory: 10pts **FOR ANY TEAM???i DONT THINK SO

2) Goalscorers
Correct player: 8pts ********EACH goal OR ALL OF THEM???????

Correct: 2pts "who"s left?"""
For example: If you predict France 2-0 Senegal, but France beat Senegal 3-1 in the game, you get 10 points.

For goalscorers, each correct goal-to-goalscorer is worth 8 points.

"Who's left" depends on the TV feed that I receive for my TV, which should be the international one. Everyone should have the international TV feed.

paw;)

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
MI amigo

I got an Idea

If we talk to the Boss Man.

And ask him if he would give a free T shirt to the winner of the Prediction League one of thouse XTRATIME SHIRTS OR HATS

It would make it more exciting.

IT WOULD HELP THE PREDICTION LEAGUE

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
oww my head hurts;)

Sounds good but you do realise that the matches start at 9am here... that means that my predictions may be a little muddled:eek:

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will ask for your help during some of the games which I will miss. In fact, I am more worried about getting the last 4 categories wrong (yellow card, corner, kick-off and who is defending on the left). I would need a second opinion on the these categories. Guess you would come in handy. ;) Since I see that you are from US, you should also have a common international TV feed. And we should be seeing the same teams attacking from the same end.:) Perhaps you can give verification of each game by posting your "answer sheet" after every game. As far as possible. That would be excellent.

Can we spread the word out as well? The attitude seems lukewarm.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Paw ;)

Although I'm really glad to see the next of your prediction leagues and will certainly take part in it and have some great fun, I'm not gonna predict last two categories. They are too ridiculous to my taste. You can subtract four points from my score each round. Despite it, I'm gonna win the competition ;) :D

Regards :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your wish, Prewitt.:) Glad that it makes you happy.:)

paw:)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I love prediction games so it's a great idea. It's a little bit confusing though, but I will understand later on.

About the tv. The tv is not the same everywhere, i believe. Sometimes the left side is not the same for everybody.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Count me in.:cool:

Still warm from the EPL Prediction League victory,I'll test myself out in the Big stage as well.;):D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Prince-O said:
About the tv. The tv is not the same everywhere, i believe. Sometimes the left side is not the same for everybody.
Which is why I said the TV feed will be the one on my TV, from my broadcaster, which I believe should be the International Feed. After all, I saw Michael Owen score that beautiful goal on the left of my TV screen against Argies in 1998. Did you as well?

I believe we all should get the same feed because of the way the advertisement hoardings are placed. It would be the capture the TV audience the way they are placed, and well... you know the story.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
paw said:

Which is why I said the TV feed will be the one on my TV, from my broadcaster, which I believe should be the International Feed. After all, I saw Michael Owen score that beautiful goal on the left of my TV screen against Argies in 1998. Did you as well?

Yes, I did :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I doubt if there is anyone who saw it on the right. Reverse camera angle does not count. :) Which means that we should all get the same feed.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After some considerations, I have decided to give the winner of this PL a prize. It will be one of the items from the XT shop. So do take this seriously if you want to win the prize.:)

paw;)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
paw said:

Example of Prediction you should send:

Germany 3-1 England (Bierhoff,Ballack2)(Beckham) A,B,A,A: if you think Germany is going to earn the first corner, kicks off from left to right in the first half and England will get the first yellow card.
No, No, No, and another damned no!:D

You should know the last score was Germany 1 England 5:D;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who would have guessed it, right? Magical nite.

paw;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts