Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anybody help me out?

I'm going to be in Poland this summer for the World Cup visiting family, and I don't want to miss any games. Are the games going to be on normal television, or are they going to be on a satellite or pay-per-view station? I know that there was some controversy about making people pay to watch. What came of it? Please tell me I'll be able to watch without needing a satellite or anything special.:rolleyes:

thanks!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The opening game, the final and all the games of Polish NT will be available free in public television and in Polsat.

To watch other games you must either buy a set to watch Polsat Sport (I don't have it, so I don't know, how much it costs) or have satellite to watch German ARD/ZDF or Czech Tv Nova (although it's not sure, whether their transmision to Poland during WC won't be forbidden).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sportsbars in Poland

are sportsbars in poland, especially in warsaw, going to be showing any games that public television won't get?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Recent news are that Polsat Sport and the biggetst cable tv companies in Poland have made an agreement and all the games will be easy to watch.

Anyway, if Polamerican asks about Warsaw - I would recommend usually "Champions" pub in Marriott hotel and "Golbar" pub at Zelazna Street.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I may be in the Trojmiasto area for two or three days during the Cup. Since I haven't been there in 7 years, can anyone tell me if there are any sports bars there now? Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Polamerican said:
thanks for your help guys. I appreciate it.
Off Topic:

Where in D.C. do u live? I live in Virginia, but it's like 5 minutes away from Washington.

Bialo Czerwoni do boju!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts