Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally good news after months of confusion, the games will be live on 5+. They paid Chalrton about 5 million dollars and YES' idea of making a special WC channel would not work out. Instead we will have the games live and for free on 5+ (unless you dont have a 5+ subscription).

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
You guys are lucky! :)

I don't have channel 5 :( im from Canada, but hopefully soon im going to get American station called Israel TV, which is 3 or so israeli stations in 1 (i think its channel 1 [IBA], 2 [??] and 5 all in 1)!!!! :)

If i get it, i will have hours and hours of non stop Israel entertainment! :) Including special important NT and UEFA cup matches and the usuall saturday broadcasting of Israel soccer :)

Hehehehehhe in the comfort of my own home in Canada!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yoav,

Yes; TSN shows the world cup! It also has from 6-11AM every saturday morning soccer program that i don't bother watching, but i will get into if i wake up.....that was back 7 years ago! :)
They even showed an Israeli NT against Germany, the one that we lost in the last minute 1-0!

We also got another sports channel that is a fabric sports station. A majority of there programs are for FOX sports and significant other. :) They sometimes show soccer and i think they will show World Cup games to some extent.

And we also got a couple of US TV stations that will be showing the World Cup not to mention the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) which is just like IBA, will be showing Soccer!

But what i meant was that i wanted to see Israeli soccer leauges from Israel in my home in Canada. There is Israel TV which alot of people around here and the US have, but i here the price is insane...though there is people that get some sort of 'exception'!!

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
oh guys i am lucky here in austria. there is a pay tv channel called
premiere which broadcasts ALL world cup games.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
:)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't see a worry for Israelis in the World Cup game. I seen Israeli TV and i can assure you that, maybe 94% of the games would be aired in Israeli TV channels....Most ofcourse would be coming from France, Spain, Inida, Italy....etc channels that you guys have, but some (especially the important ones, or main ones) would be aired in channel 1 IBA and CHannel 5...so you guys have nothing to worry about.

Yoav; Did you see the Documentary for the Canadian ball player that i sent you a URL?!?!?!?!
Here it is again, browse down and you'll see Feature on Rowan Barrett in Israel. Just click and watch it, its around 10 minutes and shows Much of Hapoel Rishon Leztion and a game they had with Maccabi Haifa B.C. They also show interviews of the player (he plays for Canadian NT) and Chris Chabbot, though Chris is the cool guy :cool: because he is okay with Israel, why the Rowan guy sh:fero:its on us!!!!!!!!!!

CLICK HERE FOR TSN

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Kappa,

Re-read Jones' post, I think what it says is pretty clear, The whole world cup will be live in Israel. All games, live on Channel 5+. Thing is that nobody had bothered buying the rights and at one point a few months ago it looked as if there will be no WC in Israel.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Raanan,

so your saying if there is 4 games going on at the same time lets say at 7PM your time, than all 4 of them will be aired in 1 channel????

Sure!! They'll have day-to-day coverage of the World Cup....but, they can't possibly air the 5 or 6 dozen or so games that are going to be played! Its not possible!

Thats why i said, there are other channels in Israeli Cable that could do the trick? Like the french channel, the spanish, italian, german and indian channels :)

So use it!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Kappa, there are only 2 games at most played at the same time in the WC, all the rest are in different times. That's only in the last round of games in the groups level anyway, so they will show one game live and updates from the other games, no big deal.

Don't be surprised if all the channels that show games will be blocked out at game time...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Brazil will win ****, they suck and there nothing who failed!

Argentina is going to win! :) Argentina is going to kiss the cup!

Brazil is going to kiss groun! And some ass after! :ass:

Down with Brazil! Up with skirts!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts