Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand, if they wanted a WC in Africa, they should have made Nigeria/Cameroon as joint hosts, at least those two nations have good WC history, and have been regulars at the WC, for the past 15 years.

World Cups should be staged at the countries that have good footballing traditions.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Serb said:
I don't understand, if they wanted a WC in Africa, they should have made Nigeria/Cameroon as joint hosts, at least those two nations have good WC history, and have been regulars at the WC, for the past 15 years.

World Cups should be staged at the countries that have good footballing traditions.
morocco once more got jerked by FIFA due to politics..not to offend anyone but the african standard in terms of organization, safety of stadiums..etc has always been set by north africa..morocco would have been a much better candidate than south africa..i think they gave it to south africa because of nelson mandella and that's all

·
Registered
64 Posts
Serb said:
Because it's more of a move to develop soccer in South Africa and move them away from a rugby oriented sports culture. Cameroon is already pretty good at soccer, so they don't need it.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
DAR said:
morocco once more got jerked by FIFA due to politics..not to offend anyone but the african standard in terms of organization, safety of stadiums..etc has always been set by north africa..morocco would have been a much better candidate than south africa..i think they gave it to south africa because of nelson mandella and that's all
THAT IS GARBAGE!

No nation in Africa can come close to South Africa's infrastructure, organization and wealth. It was never even a contest, South Africa already has 10 stadiums ready to host a World Cup while the likes of Morocco and Cameroon have none, and the likes of Egypt, Tunisia, Nigeria and Libya only have one stadium that is fit to host a single World Cup game.

South Africa was deservedly awarded the WC as they have completed close 30 to 40% of the leg work that one needs to host the World Cup. The other bidding nations were just throwing out promises but not a single aspect was even in motion on the ground let alone close to being complete.

South Africa has already done marvellous jobs with both the Cricket and Rugby World Cups and can and will pull off a great 2010 World Cup.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Tunis4life said:
THAT IS GARBAGE!

No nation in Africa can come close to South Africa's infrastructure, organization and wealth. It was never even a contest, South Africa already has 10 stadiums ready to host a World Cup while the likes of Morocco and Cameroon have none, and the likes of Egypt, Tunisia, Nigeria and Libya only have one stadium that is fit to host a single World Cup game.

South Africa was deservedly awarded the WC as they have completed close 30 to 40% of the leg work that one needs to host the World Cup. The other bidding nations were just throwing out promises but not a single aspect was even in motion on the ground let alone close to being complete.

South Africa has already done marvellous jobs with both the Cricket and Rugby World Cups and can and will pull off a great 2010 World Cup.
you kidding me??

you honestly think south africa's infastructure can compete with north africa?

let's be honest here north africa has always organized the better cups in africa..not to take anything away from any nation that took part in organizing an event but seriously you think they would have been awarded the world cup hosting rights if mandela wasn't around??

maghrib always gets dicked and i think this was like the third time we got screwed over by another nation i think maghrib can be a much better host than south africa if given the chance

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
DAR said:
you kidding me??

let's be honest here north africa has always organized the better cups in africa..not to take anything away from any nation that took part in organizing an event but seriously you think they would have been awarded the world cup hosting rights if mandela wasn't around??

maghrib always gets dicked and i think this was like the third time we got screwed over by another nation i think maghrib can be a much better host than south africa if given the chance
Did you see ANC 96? By far the best run ANC in history

Did you watch the Rugby and Cricket World Cups? Sorry mate but not a single North African nation can come close to South Africa, it's not even a question.

Did you read the WC bids? Really the bids by Morocco, Tunis/Libya and Egypt were hilarious, all were full of promises that would take 40 years to complete let alone 6 years.

Go back and google the FIFA reports on the bids, the fact that Morocco came close was due to many European nations favouring a closer route to a WC it had nothing to do with the facts on the ground.

Facts South Africa has 30-40% of the leg work complete with fours years still remaining, hell let us take a look at transportation. North Africa has piss poor transportation, would take hours for fans just to get to the stadium, South Africa is years ahead in that department.

Hell at the time of the Bids Morocco had nothing on the ground not even a single stadium suited to host an African cup of nations game let alone a World cup.

Leave the jingoism out of it DAR as the facts are if South Africa is not ready to host the World Cup than not a single African nation can claim they're better suited to do so.

·
Registered
73 Posts
DAR said:
you kidding me??

i think you just mad.

·
Registered
410 Posts
South Africans Do have Football Culture especially Blacks and Coloured communities

And i like to add this its untrue that We SAfrica we not footballing Nation, especially Blacks.

South Africa is a diverse Country with Black,White,Indians communities the Black people were always football favourites since 1920s the problem started when Aparteid goverment refuses to Submit Multicultural National Team to a First african nations Cup. As a result South Africa was ban in Football World.

Every black and Coloured person in South Africa breath Football and its just that White communities they develop Rugby and Cricket during those Dark Times of Aparteid and South Africa was Seen as a non Football Country whitch is untrue.

We were admitted in Fifa in 1992 buy that time we had a legues whicth were been running for a long time, football its the sport that Kept us going in those dark Time whitch wer ended in 1994.

We try to Qualify fo WC94 we fail with no international experience. We host ACN96 which was run smoothly we won it and take it to consideration that was the first Major tournament we SAfricans has ever play at in football terms. Then problem started the Ego, get it to People running SAFA then we suffered the the all time declination. Football among Blacks has always been part of our culture. Got to any Cricket Match,Rugby Match where South Africa plays u will find 1-2% of Black people there in a stadium. Same with Football Matches u will fin 1-2% Whites maybe thats too much. I tell u talent is South AFRICA is Immerse.

All in All what i am trying to say is that just because we r declining in terms of football does not mean football never been in our blood. Come to South African Black and Coloured Townships kids play football thats the sport we Know and also the Talent is there the problem has been the SAFA officials in recent years concistently firiring Coaches and not putin money into development ect. many Issues.

I will Like to ASSURE u GUYS that WC2010 would be smoothly Run and will the Best EVER.(INFASTRUTURE and FOOTBALL INSIDE THE PITCH)

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Bad idea imo, SA would be a terrorist's heaven if they wanted to pull any crap. As a matter of fact, I don't think Africa as a whole is in any position to host a world cup, it's too dangerous.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Actually DAR, Tunis4life is right....South Africa is indeed the country in Africa with the best infrastructure...just look at the statistics for the continent, they are by far the richest country and are the most capable of hosting a world cup.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
DVN_ said:
Actually DAR, Tunis4life is right....South Africa is indeed the country in Africa with the best infrastructure...just look at the statistics for the continent, they are by far the richest country and are the most capable of hosting a world cup.
Google "South Africa blackouts" and see, SA is indeed the richest but it's been suffering a heavy, fast economical decline ever since the end of apartheid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Julian81 said:
Google "South Africa blackouts" and see, SA is indeed the richest but it's been suffering a heavy, fast economical decline ever since the end of apartheid.
maybe thats the case, but we're talking about the best possibilty in Africa and right now thats South Africa. Even if they are in decline, its GDP is by far the best out of the entire continent and since thats a measure of economic well-being u can assume that its doing better than Morocco for example...and also its no coincidence at all that FIFA chose to go to South Africa, they are just interested in going to the largest market with the greatest possilbilities of making money. Thats why they chose South Africa over a country like Morocco.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts