1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Venue: Free State Bloemfontein
Capacity: 48000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_State_Stadium

The Free State Stadium, also known as Vodacom Park, is a stadium in Bloemfontein, South Africa, used for rugby union, as well as football (soccer). It was originally built in 1995 for that year's Rugby World Cup.

The primary rugby union tenants of the facility are:

* The Free State Cheetahs, which participate in South Africa's domestic competition, the Currie Cup
* The Central Cheetahs, which represents Free State and Northern Cape Provinces in the Super 14

The primary soccer tenant is:

* Bloemfontein Celtic, who play in the Premier Soccer League

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Looks like Slovakia will need to win this game given Paraguay draw with this Italy, not the optimal situation...Players will need to psyche themselves for this match and play to win, Hamsik, who I think has been ineffective in qualifiers will need to perform at the top of his game for Slovakia to have a chance

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Slovakia will need the 3 points from Paraguay to take some pressure off. If the top 2 slots are still up for grabs heading into the final match, I am not sure I could handle the tension...

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If we win vs PAR we´ll have both 4 pts (assuming PAR wins vs NZ and we lose to Italy)

Mutual game shall be decisive.

Any other result and we are out.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Hamsik has to take control of the midfield, otherwise we won't get anywhere.

Nedved may be his idol, but he's too busy trying to be Lampard instead of trying to organize the midfield, distribute, and be a leader.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
They will be extremely to even be in the position to make the same kind of mistake, I expect Paraguay to quickly take advantage of such shambolic defending early....
My hunch is that Weiss, Sr. will stress tightening things up at the back. Weiss, Jr. should have some space to create opportunities and Hamsik just plain needs to get his head straight and play like he is capable.

I am praying for a win, hoping for a draw, fearing the worst...

:rollani:

·
Registered
26,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
don´t get your hopes too high though.

Maybe they have seen Serbia & Slovenia games today and got some inspiration.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts