Varela(Uruguay)
Midfielder : Owe zeeler(W.Germany)
Kopa(France)
Albert(Hungary)
Didi(Brazil)
Offender : Fontaine(France)
ZairJinho(Brazil)
Eusebio(Hungary)

What do you think about these members...?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Sorry, I just saw "before 80s", no harm done, although i think Elias Figueroa (Chile) shoul've been there, even bekenbahuer said he was better than he was.

D

·
0 Posts
No Neeskens?? your'e crazy :eek: just kidding, but Neeskens was awesome. :)

Eusebio actually played for Portugal, althoug he came from Mozambique. Hungary did have a good striker in the 60's by the name of Albert.
And a couple of Polish players couldv'e been in the team. Poland had their best ever sides in 1978 and 1978, who can forget Zbigniew Lato, Andre Szarmach, Robert ?, Kasperzack?, that keeper? and of course Wladislaw Zmuda(I think it was) sorry, but I know they had world-class team in both World Cups.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I wish I saw all these players in their peak(especially Cruiyff) but I was born in '78 so I have to watch lousy videos and read books to see how great they WERE.:(

D

·
0 Posts
Now I remember, Robert Deyna :)
He was part of that outstanding Polish Olympic football team of 1972 too, when Poland won gold :eek:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Driver X it's good to see someone giving some respect to the great Polish teams of the 70's. The goalkeeper's name was Tomaszewski (arguably the best keeper ever), and the name are Grzegorz Lato (Golden boot winner in '78 or '74?), and Zbiegniew Boniek (key part of the great Juve teams of the early 80's.). I hope that one my Polish team will rise again.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
wheres teofilo cubillas?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
1 Yashin

2 Djalma Santos 4 Beckembauer 3 Moore 6 Nilton Santos

5 Didi 8 Zizinho

10 Pele 11 Cruyff

7 Garrincha 9 Puskas

Manager: Rinus Michels

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
What about the greatest entertainer of all time, member of the Swedish NT in 50 (third place) and 58 (runners up). The one and only Lennart Skoglund.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts