Xtratime Community banner
141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
A. Mitrovic, Tadic, and Gudelj all on yellow cards. We really don't want them missing the Portugal match but at the same time, we have to win this match today. Wonder if any will be rested today.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
A. Mitrovic, Tadic, and Gudelj all on yellow cards. We really don't want them missing the Portugal match but at the same time, we have to win this match today. Wonder if any will be rested today.
Guess all of them are benched:

Vlahovic-Jovic
Kostic-SMS-Lazovic
Lukic-Grujic
Nastasic-Mitrovic-Veljkovic
Rajkovic

Might see some of them come on in the second half if things are tight.

·
Registered
41,078 Posts
I like it. Obviously I'd never play Stefan Mitrovic, but I'm happy to see Lukic, Grujic and Jovic in there. Lukic doing well in Serie A, Gruja potentially one of our best midfielders and Jovic needs that confidence boost.

Also encouraged by Veljkovic's recent performances and the fact that Nastasic is our captain tonight, ahead of S. Mitrovic.

Want to see more from our wingers tonight. Lazo's been underwhelming the last couple of times he played and Kostic was meh Vs Lux.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Two posts and a clearance off the line...

Portugal up 3-0 against Luxembourg. Doesn't look like we have any chance of having the goal differential advantage with Portugal now.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Portugal already up 3-0 on Luxembourg in the 18 minute. Two penalty shots scored

Serbia has had 3 or so chances but couldn't get the goal so far.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Vlahovic brought down in the penalty area, scores the penalty in the 30th minute.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Serbia should be up 5 or 6 goals by now.

Reactions: Krle

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Embarrassing

Serbia give up a goal at halftime ffs

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
I have no faith in Rajkovic. He panics every time he has the ball at his feet, can't make basic clearances.

·
Registered
41,078 Posts
Wow, just wow. I've always thought Rajko had what it takes to become a good goalkeeper, but it's not just this, he comes across as insecure. Dmitrovic next game please.

The story of our campaign, we play well, but don't finish our chances and end up punishing ourselves. Hopefully we pick it up, but with Penaltugal up 3-0 at HT, we needed a big result here. Now let's just get the win, otherwise the Portugal game might not even matter any more.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
Goalll Vlahovic!! 53rd minute

Corner kick. Goes out to Lazovic who blasts it, Gk (having the game of his life) saves it and Vlahovic picks up the rebound and easily scores.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Mitrovic on for Jovic
Tadic on for Grujic
66th minute

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Radonjic on for Kostic in the 75th minute

Portugal up 4-0

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Tadic with a pk. 3-1

Veljkovic heads the ball and it goes off Azerbaijani players arm.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Mladenovic and Maksimovic in for Lazovic and Vlahovic in the 88th minute.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
3-1 win. Could have been 11-1 as they had 9 shots on target and 8 shots off target.

Portugal won 5-0

Serbia 17 pts +8 goal differential
Portugal 16 pts +12 goal differential with a game in hand.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Glad to get the result although it was harder than it should have been with the missed opportunities and mistake (when have we not said this after a match :LOL:)

Unless Portugal loses in Ireland, which I don't expect to happen but isn't impossible, it's looking like we will have to beat Portugal away to qualify directly.

141 - 160 of 170 Posts