Xtratime Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still a bit of time away but I think what we need is clear, 2 strikers to replace Immobile and Belotti and we need someone to replace Chiellini (assuming he is retiring). Hopefully Bastoni gets integrated as a starter ASAP!

If no striker emerges (Kean? Scamacca? Raspadori? Pellegri?) maybe we should go with a false 9 (Pellegrini? Zaniolo? Chiesa?).

Like I said, still a bit of time away but maybe we'll see something like this:

-----------Chiesa-------Scamacca-------Zaniolo
-----Verratti (Locatelli)--Jorginho------Locatelli (Barella)
Spinazzola-------Bastoni------Bonucci------Di Lorenzo (hopefully someone emerges here)
-------------------------Donnarumma

·
Registered
216 Posts
Still a bit of time away but I think what we need is clear, 2 strikers to replace Immobile and Belotti and we need someone to replace Chiellini (assuming he is retiring). Hopefully Bastoni gets integrated as a starter ASAP!

If no striker emerges (Kean? Scamacca? Raspadori? Pellegri?) maybe we should go with a false 9 (Pellegrini? Zaniolo? Chiesa?).

Like I said, still a bit of time away but maybe we'll see something like this:

-----------Chiesa-------Scamacca-------Zaniolo
-----Verratti (Locatelli)--Jorginho------Locatelli (Barella)
Spinazzola-------Bastoni------Bonucci------Di Lorenzo (hopefully someone emerges here)
-------------------------Donnarumma
I like that line-up. I hope that we don't bring Chiellini back like what we tried to do with Cannavaro for 2010 WC. The sooner we integrate Bastoni in, the better we are heading into the World Cup because our success, like it or not, it's still starts from defence. The right back is our weakness right now. We have a plethora of LBs, but not many RBs that would be ready in time for 2022. The only legitimate option right now is Davide Calabria followed by Gabriele Zappa, Lorenzo Venuti, and Davide Zappacosta. Yeah,, there's not alot to get excited about. The generation after them provides more hope with Enrico Del Prato, Raoul Bellanova, Samuele Birindelli, & Gabriele Ferrarini, but I doubt they'd be ready by Winter 2022.

Strikers, I am a little bit more hopeful here because Scamacca and Kean showed a lot of promise last year. Outside of them, Andrea Favilli & Pietro Pellegri needs to stay healthy, Federico Bonazzoli needs to find a team that believes in him because we know he can score; 5 goals in 11 games after pandemic restart last year was proof. Andrea Pinamonti & Eddie Salcedo needs to find continuity. We have no issues at wingers. We have Zaniolo, Chiesa, Berardi, Orsolini, Verde, Bernardeschi, and Sottil.

·
Registered
47,873 Posts
@secretariat89
You mentioned a lot of average (at best) players. If the alternatives are Bonazzoli, Favilli and Pellegri I keep Immobile who can score goals to at least 30 European NTs. Bonazzoli, Favilli and Pellegri must first of all score 20-25 goals in serie A the way Immobile does.
Similarly Venuti, Bellanova, Birindelli, Ferrarini... are we talking about the world cup in 2022?

Then let's not forget that we have yet to qualify to the world cup.

Mancini will do minor changes. No more than 6-8 different players in a list of 26. Mostly players "di contorno", with the exception of Zaniolo and Lorenzo Pellegrini.

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
I just can't see the coach making many changes, and it's hard to ask that of Mancini when he's riding a 35-game winning streak. But yea, the positions that need support are obvious to see, but their replacements are far less obvious. I think we have to acknowledge that the Belgium, Spain and England matches could have went against us.
It's a shame Balotelli is lazy and insane.

·
Registered
18,164 Posts
Calabria and Di Lorenzo is fine for RB. I would not sweat it too much.

The striker is okay for me too. I trust Belotti to do a good tactical job (Chiesa, Zaniolo, the midfielders and set pieces can score). Otherwise there might be some new strikers like Scamacca or Raspadori.

My bigger concern is Spinazzola's health. I hope he regains same form, because we don't have too many LB options.

Chiellini should stay on imo. It's only 18 months away. Start rotating with Bastoni, sure...

·
Registered
216 Posts
@secretariat89
You mentioned a lot of average (at best) players. If the alternatives are Bonazzoli, Favilli and Pellegri I keep Immobile who can score goals to at least 30 European NTs. Bonazzoli, Favilli and Pellegri must first of all score 20-25 goals in serie A the way Immobile does.
Similarly Venuti, Bellanova, Birindelli, Ferrarini... are we talking about the world cup in 2022?

Then let's not forget that we have yet to qualify to the world cup.

Mancini will do minor changes. No more than 6-8 different players in a list of 26. Mostly players "di contorno", with the exception of Zaniolo and Lorenzo Pellegrini.
you just simply dismissed the fact that I mentioned Scamacca and Kean as the alternatives? I also said Bellanova, Birindelli, Del Prato, and Ferrarini won't be ready by 2022. But lets live in an alternative universe and pretend that I didn't write that.

@camelface Federico Dimarco, Tommaso Augello, and Simone Bastoni the alternatives for LB. They actually deserved to be in the Euros more than Emerson Palmieri.

·
Registered
47,873 Posts
Scamacca and Kean weren't dismissed but I didn't mention them in my reply to your post because contrarily to the other ones you mentioned (Bonazzoli, Pellegri and Favilli) they actually have a reasonable chance to make it in the world cup 2022, at least in the roster. As regards Bonazzoli in particular he doesn't need to find a club who trusts him, but he needs to convince a club to trust him. Sampdoria renewed his contract after that exploit you mentioned and loaned him to Torino in the hope to sell him to Torino (it should give an idea on how much they trusted him, in spite of the exploit) but Torino weren't convinced by his performances and didn't make it a full transfer. Now he is back at Sampdoria who would obviously love to see him score 20-25 goals and see him gain the world cup... the way any club hopes any of his forwards scores 20-25 goals out of the blue! I hope that you realize that the situation is pretty different from the one of Scamacca/Raspadori, fresh under 21 NT player (the latter being option #3 in the euro without a chance to become #2 anyway.... and postponed to the falso nueve!). A player like Bonazzoli, who had one exploit of few months in five seasons has to climb a mountain. Same for Favilli, same for the young Pellegri. Do you want me to show the mountain? Ciro Immobile has scored 30 goals* per season for Lazio and Belotti 15-20 goals per season for Torino. They proved to be poor for top international levels but Mancini in a year and a half will restart from them unless someone proves to be comparable in terms of numbers first of all.
How does it work in your universe? Is the hype enough to convince Mancini?

*includes every competition

·
Administrator
53,451 Posts
Yeah it goes without saying there is no point talking about Bonazzoli (bad memories of the older one, who was better then the younger one), Pellegri and Favilli ever for Azzurri until they show they are even Serie A level? I dont mean 15-30 goals star names in league. But even just starters in the league. With hope to grow, as things look, they are nobodies who prolly must prove themselves as scorers in Serie B before a Serie A team puts trust in them as starters.

Atleast Pellegri is overseas and a former talent who has the excuse he has been injured nonstop since he was 17. But also his career is dead because of it (he has 4 starts since 2016-2017 season, and all of them were in Genoa, not a single start in Monaco in 4 years...will let you guess how many goals too...). The other two are nobodies who get outscored by defenders. So how are they ever gonna compete with the worst starter in Azzurri, the Immobile who outscored CR7?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Scamacca and Kean weren't dismissed but I didn't mention them in my reply to your post because contrarily to the other ones you mentioned (Bonazzoli, Pellegri and Favilli) they actually have a reasonable chance to make it in the world cup 2022, at least in the roster. As regards Bonazzoli in particular he doesn't need to find a club who trusts him, but he needs to convince a club to trust him. Sampdoria renewed his contract after that exploit you mentioned and loaned him to Torino in the hope to sell him to Torino (it should give an idea on how much they trusted him, in spite of the exploit) but Torino weren't convinced by his performances and didn't make it a full transfer. Now he is back at Sampdoria who would obviously love to see him score 20-25 goals and see him gain the world cup... the way any club hopes any of his forwards scores 20-25 goals out of the blue! I hope that you realize that the situation is pretty different from the one of Scamacca/Raspadori, fresh under 21 NT player (the latter being option #3 in the euro without a chance to become #2 anyway.... and postponed to the falso nueve!). A player like Bonazzoli, who had one exploit of few months in five seasons has to climb a mountain. Same for Favilli, same for the young Pellegri. Do you want me to show the mountain? Ciro Immobile has scored 30 goals* per season for Lazio and Belotti 15-20 goals per season for Torino. They proved to be poor for top international levels but Mancini in a year and a half will restart from them unless someone proves to be comparable in terms of numbers first of all.
How does it work in your universe? Is the hype enough to convince Mancini?

*includes every competition
That's a much fairer post than your first one, that's for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts