Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup 2022 Qatar Qualifying match?

World Cup 2022 Qatar Qualifier: Russia vs HRVATSKA, September 1st 2021

12K views 291 replies 26 participants last post by  croatian batman 
#1 ·
vs.

September 1st, 2021 - 20:45 CET (2:45 EDT)

Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow Russia (Capacity 81,000)

Squad TBD

Head to Head comparison:

Betting odds:

See less See more
#228 ·
Not sure if it was mentioned but Vida is suspended for this game due to yellow cards. SN put out their lineup:

Livaković - Juranović, Lovren, Ćaleta-Car (Uremović), Gvardiol (Barišić) - Brozović, Kovačić - Vlašić, Pašalić, Perišić - Kramarić.

Reactions: Nepoznat
#233 ·
Not really optimistic either...i feel something is broken in our NT and keeping Dalic doesn't help. We need a new breathe...

I would like to see us lining up

Livakovic
Jura Uremovic Gvardiol Sosa
Majer Brozo Kovacic
Vlasic Colak Perisic

But it won't happen...
your lineup is interesting but for a crucial away game vs the top opponent in our group I'm betting you are right that it won't happen and he will "play it safe" with the team selection

Still with 3 matches over 7 days pretty much everyone on your list should get some minutes

#234 ·
I'd love to see 3atb but I don't think Dalic will experiment too much in such crucial games. Most likely will see

Livakovic

Juranovic Lovren DCC Gvardiol

Brozovic Kovacic

Vlasic

Ivanusec Kramaric Perisic

Also wouldn't mind putting Vlasic at RW and Pasalic at CAM but I really like what I've seen from Ivanusec so far and Vlasic is more dangerous in the middle.

#236 · (Edited)
I will be interesting to see what new Russian coach Valery Karpin has in store for us tomorrow(or today). His last tenure, before this job, was at Rostov. His first full season at Rostov, 2018/2019 , he primarily used a 3-5-2 formation. Since that season he has deployed either a 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1. With this squad here we will surely use a 3 man backfield as 3 of the 4 CB's called up play in that formation for their club team.
Of the strikers and wingers called up for this match, only Denis Cheryshev saw any minutes in the Euro's and that was 34 minutes in their first round game against Belgium. The others were either not called up or sat on the bench. Hard to predict who will start and what set of players he will have up front. He is playing at home, so i expect a bit more aggressive/attacking lineup up top
Arsen Zakharyan(18 years of age) replaces the injured Magomed Ozdoev, while the rest of the midfield calls are the same as what we saw at Euro's. I predict he will have a more crowded midfield because that is where the strength of his team lies, probably using Fernandes and Karavaev as wing backs.
And finally Karpin called up 5 Keepers. not sure why.
I have seen him coach before. Watched CSKA Moscow play against Rostov about a year ago or so ago.

#238 ·
I'm still bamboozled by the decision to leave Stanišić for the U21s. Three games in six days and this guy covers every defensive position.

Insane.

And I know most here are keen on Majer but I would have gone for Bašić. Another one who can play a couple of roles and has big league experience. Just don't see where Majer fits in atm.

Anyway, 12 or so hours to go. Huge game.

#240 ·
I'm still bamboozled by the decision to leave Stanišić for the U21s. Three games in six days and this guy covers every defensive position.

Insane.

And I know most here are keen on Majer but I would have gone for Bašić. Another one who can play a couple of roles and has big league experience. Just don't see where Majer fits in atm.

Anyway, 12 or so hours to go. Huge game.
Stanisic has apparently picked up a injury. Don't think it's serious but not sure.

#243 ·
From Sportske Novosti :

RUSIJA (3-4-2-1): Guilherme - Karavaev, Diveev, Dzhikiya - Mario Fernandes, Zobnjin, Kuzjaev, Čerišev - Mirančuk, Golovin - Smolov.

HRVATSKA (4-2-3-1): Livaković - Juranović, Lovren, Gvardiol, Sosa - Brozović, Kovačić - Kramarić, Pašalić, Perišić - Vlašić

#246 ·
Same for me, good to see Dalic trying something new with the players! AJMO!

#248 ·
I'm really disappointed by this news... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.