Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup 2022 Qatar Qualifying match?

• Russia by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
dinamo67
9,925 Posts
Haven't went back to watch the replay (too painful)...but on the winning goal in extra time...Olmo crosses high in the air....Brekalo jumps and somehow misses the header (ffs) and leaves Moroatta with just having to chest it down and rifle it in from like 7 yards away....without seeing the replay, am thinking could/should not have Livakovic come out and caught the cross or at least punched it away? The cross was from quite far away so the time was there....

He is shakey in the air for sure.
Maybe. He must've thought that Brekalo would've actually got to that ball. Once it didn't obviously it was too late. I can't fault him on that.

He's been shakey in the air for a while even for Dinamo.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Livakovic is a good keeper. Been watching him for years now. The guy is a shot stopper. His biggest problem is catching high balls. He still doesn't really grasp timing of when to come out for them or to stay put.
He is not a bad keeper he is ok but to me he is not enough for this level at least not yet.
Even the face he makes he looks more scared than scary the guys that come in front of him are not shitting their pants knowing they are about to face Livakovic.

I don't know how is Grbic but when i look at him i can see the charisma at least.
I hope that one of the next generations gk will step up.

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts
Brekalo jumps and somehow misses the header (ffs) and leaves Moroatta with just having to chest it down and rifle it in from like 7 yards away
Brekalo missed it because he's a peanut (5'9'') and apparently, doesn't have a lot of ups. Morata is 6'3'' and much more built and athletic. Complete physical mismatch. Of course Brekalo was going to get schooled there. Dalic was at fault their for playing him as a makeshift RB.

·
Registered
23,039 Posts
Brekalo missed it because he's a peanut (5'9'') and apparently, doesn't have a lot of ups. Morata is 6'3'' and much more built and athletic. Complete physical mismatch. Of course Brekalo was going to get schooled there. Dalic was at fault their for playing him as a makeshift RB.
Definitely should have been subbed off once extra time started. But for Brekalo, you can't jump and miss a header that is floating from 35 yards away. Had he had his body on Morotta he wouldn't have been able to chest it down. Now if Morotta gets a header over him, nothing he can do...but that was horrible defending even for a non defender. Also, no idea where Vida was on the play to "help" out Brekalo. I know CC was in no man's land caught looking to help out Gvardiol.

But of course, if Krama hit that sitter....we'd have been up 4-3...Sime comes on, we tighten up defensively and its game over as we'd hit them on the counter to ice it. (will haunt me the next 20 years)

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,869 Posts
Definitely should have been subbed off once extra time started. But for Brekalo, you can't jump and miss a header that is floating from 35 yards away. Had he had his body on Morotta he wouldn't have been able to chest it down. Now if Morotta gets a header over him, nothing he can do...but that was horrible defending even for a non defender. Also, no idea where Vida was on the play to "help" out Brekalo. I know CC was in no man's land caught looking to help out Gvardiol.

But of course, if Krama hit that sitter....we'd have been up 4-3...Sime comes on, we tighten up defensively and its game over as we'd hit them on the counter to ice it. (will haunt me the next 20 years)
Spot on. A lot of 'what ifs' happened in the span of just a few minutes that dictated the outcome of the game. Defending was bad, regardless. If Brekalo knew he was in no man's land in the box vs. Morata, he coulc of at least bodied him a little bit and thrown off his timing. Maybe if leads to a PK and different outcome...? Who knows. We blew a golden chance to really do damage here in the SF and QF, especially given other big teams bowing out. Steta...

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Haven't went back to watch the replay (too painful)...but on the winning goal in extra time...Olmo crosses high in the air....Brekalo jumps and somehow misses the header (ffs) and leaves Moroatta with just having to chest it down and rifle it in from like 7 yards away....without seeing the replay, am thinking could/should not have Livakovic come out and caught the cross or at least punched it away? The cross was from quite far away so the time was there....

He is shakey in the air for sure.
Brekalo jumped when he had absolutely zero chance of heading that ball. No matter what position you play, that incident had to be dealt with much better and it really exposed Brekalo's poor aptitude for positioning and defending.

·
Registered
84 Posts
He is not a bad keeper he is ok but to me he is not enough for this level at least not yet.
Even the face he makes he looks more scared than scary the guys that come in front of him are not shitting their pants knowing they are about to face Livakovic.

I don't know how is Grbic but when i look at him i can see the charisma at least.
I hope that one of the next generations gk will step up.
100% spot imho.

His face all the time looks like he's about to collapse from panic. Not exactly the best energy to be around for the backline. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would like to see Majer involved i am convinced that if you use him being surrounded by world class players he will do damages at any level. To me he stands out with his technical skills.

Dalic won't try 3 ATB against Russia.
Now that he found out that Orsic really exists we will see him more on the pitch.

I am concerned about Livakovic. Now that he has played qualifiers nations league and euro. I am not convinced at all by him.
Yup, Majer not being called up was a horrible decision. He can play as an "8" or could have slotted him on that right wing with his left foot. His touch, IQ, and technical ability are top notch. He will become a player, I'm sure of it. Ivanusec seems to be rated higher in Croatia but to me he's a very poor man's Vlasic.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yup, Majer not being called up was a horrible decision. He can play as an "8" or could have slotted him on that right wing with his left foot. His touch, IQ, and technical ability are top notch. He will become a player, I'm sure of it. Ivanusec seems to be rated higher in Croatia but to me he's a very poor man's Vlasic.
But i like Ivanusec too i would have liked to see them both involved even though i am more impressed by Majer's creativity.

Gvardiol Orsic Petkovic Ivanusec Majer these guys play together for a while don't understand why Dalic doesn't use this more as a weapon to hurt our opponents.

Just realized also that him staying means we will have to see Lovren and Vida again and again for one year and half more.

·
dinamo67
9,925 Posts
Well like Sulla mentioned in the other thread, if Dalic screws up these next batch of qualifiers I see him getting the sack.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ivanusec very similar to Vlasic but with more pace but not as good of a descision maker in the final third. This were Vlasic is excels and must start. I’m not high on Majer because he’s physically weak and can’t run. He has great vision and a really good left foot but I have my doubts he can make it in a top league due to his physical limitations. There was a reason bjelica left him on the bench for European games as with Majer you were playing with one less man on the field

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Yeah, I'm not sold on Majer either. Just doesn't have the physical characteristics for top level football. Moro is another one from that generation who I think will struggle to make an impact at the highest level. They'll both probably end up in the NT at some point but don't think they'll ever be key guys.

Ivanušec is the one I think who has the best chance. And Biuk could be anything but he's still too young, a lot of things can still go wrong for him.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I also noticed that Majer struggled after playing 60th minute in europa league but then without making him a key player you can use him as a supersub or start him without let him 90 minutes on the pitch.
Now with the 4-5 subs rule there are no reasons not to have a player like him.
I think that a guy like Pasalic can be a world class supersub for us.
Why not Majer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ivanusec very similar to Vlasic but with more pace but not as good of a descision maker in the final third. This were Vlasic is excels and must start. I’m not high on Majer because he’s physically weak and can’t run. He has great vision and a really good left foot but I have my doubts he can make it in a top league due to his physical limitations. There was a reason bjelica left him on the bench for European games as with Majer you were playing with one less man on the field
From what I remember, Bjelica never really played him ever. Since then he's put up some serious numbers and has a transfer value of 15 million. That's more of a knock on Nenad than it is Majer.

I think his physical limitations are a bit exaggerated. Thought he was best player on the field against Portugal and the sprint he made and then the move to set up Bradaric on a plate against Spain is an example of what I'm saying. Not to keep picking on Petko but thats a guy I consider a man less. Slow, big, but scared to get involved. Majer is feisty and wants the ball at his feet, but he moves when it's not. If he goes to Frankfurt, I expect him to be a regular in no time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
But i like Ivanusec too i would have liked to see them both involved even though i am more impressed by Majer's creativity.

Gvardiol Orsic Petkovic Ivanusec Majer these guys play together for a while don't understand why Dalic doesn't use this more as a weapon to hurt our opponents.

Just realized also that him staying means we will have to see Lovren and Vida again and again for one year and half more.

Dalic is blaming it on God now. Can't make it up.

·
Registered
825 Posts
From what I remember, Bjelica never really played him ever. Since then he's put up some serious numbers and has a transfer value of 15 million. That's more of a knock on Nenad than it is Majer.

I think his physical limitations are a bit exaggerated. Thought he was best player on the field against Portugal and the sprint he made and then the move to set up Bradaric on a plate against Spain is an example of what I'm saying. Not to keep picking on Petko but thats a guy I consider a man less. Slow, big, but scared to get involved. Majer is feisty and wants the ball at his feet, but he moves when it's not. If he goes to Frankfurt, I expect him to be a regular in no time.
When Petkovic was with Bjelica is when he played his best because if he didn’t run and press he would not play him. Bjelica even threw Petkovic out of practice a few times because he was getting lazy and came to practice hung over after some late night partying. I dont see Majer as feisty at all I see him as soft and weak in duels. Majer had great stats this year but odd that Ivanusec was named in the best player for Croatia in the under 21 but Majer was not. I have watched Majer and Ivanusec a lot and I firmly believe Ivanusec will have a better career.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,493 Posts

Dalic is blaming it on God now. Can't make it up.
Yes god was with us, but Dalic tactics didn't work against Spain because referee Cakir was muslim, and he didn't trust in the same god than Dalic. It's simple as that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously blaming god for a football match, I can't believe what I've read... I'm catholic and I respect gods from every religions but god isn't and can't be a defeat reason! :oops:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yes god was with us, but Dalic tactics didn't work against Spain because referee Cakir was muslim, and he didn't trust in the same god than Dalic. It's simple as that. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously blaming god for a football match, I can't believe what I've read... I'm catholic and I respect gods from every religions but god isn't and can't be a defeat reason! :oops:
I like Dalic as a person but this is a bit ridiculous. I will always respect Dalic for what he did. He took over a team with no confidence going into Ukraine and got a result when nobody expected it. In the World Cup yes there was a bit of luck but there was also tremendous character in the team to reach the finals after coming back from 1-0 down 3 times to advance to the finals. Lately our football has been very up and down. More down then up but this is not due to lack of quality. We don’t look as motivated any more and there have been to many games where we look really bad. I really think a new voice and tactics is needed with all respect to Dalic for what he accomplished with the National team.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When Petkovic was with Bjelica is when he played his best because if he didn’t run and press he would not play him. Bjelica even threw Petkovic out of practice a few times because he was getting lazy and came to practice hung over after some late night partying. I dont see Majer as feisty at all I see him as soft and weak in duels. Majer had great stats this year but odd that Ivanusec was named in the best player for Croatia in the under 21 but Majer was not. I have watched Majer and Ivanusec a lot and I firmly believe Ivanusec will have a better career.
dinamo turned now a 10 million dollar offer from Fiorentina and 12 from Marsaille in the winter, that means more to me that what he's rated in Croatia. :) Ivanusec will be 23 soon and can't be playing in the HNL much longer either. Haven't heard much noise about him in Europe, but that can change quickly.

Time will tell.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts