Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup 2022 Qatar Qualifying match?

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vs.

September 1st, 2021 - 20:45 CET (2:45 EDT)

Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow Russia (Capacity 81,000)

Squad TBD

Head to Head comparison:

Betting odds:

·
dinamo67
10,166 Posts
Starting early Nepoznat, I like it. Yeah important game. Hard stretch this one coming up. Russia didn't show much at these Euros. If Dalic can set the team up properly I don't see why we cant run away with this group.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Starting early Nepoznat, I like it. Yeah important game. Hard stretch this one coming up. Russia didn't show much at these Euros. If Dalic can set the team up properly I don't see why we cant run away with this group.
Famous last words. Our form has been shocking over the last 3 years apart from a good patch during Euro qualifiers. Whoever the next manager is definitely has to shake things up and bench the underperformers. This generation has given us some fantastic memories but its time to say goodbye.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Seems the vibe is Dalic will stay so I don’t expect things to change. We will struggle and make this very difficult.

The whole thing though is if he does poorly these three games we don’t have really much opportunity to right the ship unless you sweep the last 4 games. It would already be too late.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
I know we like to criticize Dalic and I have too but I do believe that he is learning, albeit slowly. I don’t think we’ll see Rebic starting anytime soon. Looking at this group, there is no excuse not to finish first. But we are Croatia so we will make things difficult for ourselves. I just want to see what the lineup is vs Russia and that will tell us a lot more. September feels like an eternity away right now….

·
Registered
70,218 Posts
My guess too Dalic stays and there will be more nonsense in qualifying even though this group shouldn’t cause too many problems. It’s likely Russia will have a new manager by then

·
Registered
23,321 Posts
Lets qualify first (please!) and then worry about fixing anything as there will be quite a bit of time until Qatar.

We take qualification for granted and right now are in very tight with Russia and Slovakia so these next few games are critical.

I still believe in this team and the future is bright.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It does seem the vibe is Dalic staying. I'm not a hater of the guy but do think a fresh approach would benefit the team in terms of not being tied to players on the downward trend. That stated, Dalic or not, there will be new faces playing significant roles during qualifying. I'm confident that we'll finish first, not in a walk but comfortably.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It does seem the vibe is Dalic staying. I'm not a hater of the guy but do think a fresh approach would benefit the team in terms of not being tied to players on the downward trend. That stated, Dalic or not, there will be new faces playing significant roles during qualifying. I'm confident that we'll finish first, not in a walk but comfortably.
👋 welcome to XT!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't know what to expect at this point.
We won't go anywhere as long as Dalic stays.
He doesn't have the skills we need now at this position.
So here we go again except for injuries Vida-Lovren pairing in Russia.
Brozo Modric Kovacic
Vlasic Petkovic Perisic.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
I don't know what to expect at this point.
We won't go anywhere as long as Dalic stays.
He doesn't have the skills we need now at this position.
So here we go again except for injuries Vida-Lovren pairing in Russia.
Brozo Modric Kovacic
Vlasic Petkovic Perisic.
Probably the lineup. What’s the card situation does the cards from Euros carry over?

One irritating thing. A midfield with those players needs a AM in front of them to link everything. I feel he has forced Kovacic in when we really don’t need to. Have him or Modric/Kovacic there next to Broz with Vlasic in front. Or go with two forwards whatever.

Curious about Sosa? If Dalic is in I lean towards not seeing him. Until Qatar 2022 when we have to win the last group game and he will than come in :)

·
Registered
23,321 Posts
Probably the lineup. What’s the card situation does the cards from Euros carry over?

One irritating thing. A midfield with those players needs a AM in front of them to link everything. I feel he has forced Kovacic in when we really don’t need to. Have him or Modric/Kovacic there next to Broz with Vlasic in front. Or go with two forwards whatever.

Curious about Sosa? If Dalic is in I lean towards not seeing him. Until Qatar 2022 when we have to win the last group game and he will than come in :)
Broz would have been suspended for the next game had we advanced...hopefully this doesn't carry over to qualifiers...we need him vs the Ruskies.

·
Registered
HNK Rijeka, Croatian National Team
6,918 Posts
Surprised Dalic would want to say. A lot of chatter around his failures with this group. On the other hand, I know he mentioned in an pst game interview that he 'met expectations' in getting to the KO's. But we had Spain... and let it slip from our finger tips and a lot of that falls on his tactical errors.

I think he submits his resignation between end of tournament/before restart of quals. Don't think he leads the boys to Qatar.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I'm pretty sure he's staying. They said all along the pass mark was getting out of the group. In terms of WC quals, despite the awful start, we're sitting atop the group. So on paper at least, there's no reason for him to leave.

The Croatia one is a plum job. The WC is around the corner and it's most likely the last chance he'll get to go to another WC. For Dalić, everything after this will be a step down and he's fully aware of it.

·
dinamo67
10,166 Posts
Famous last words. Our form has been shocking over the last 3 years apart from a good patch during Euro qualifiers. Whoever the next manager is definitely has to shake things up and bench the underperformers. This generation has given us some fantastic memories but its time to say goodbye.
Yeah lol I shouldn't be so confident knowing our track record in the qualifiers. I feel Russia and and the rest of the teams are in a worse situation then us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If Dalic is indeed staying I think he'll have learned a lot from this tournament and has definitely found some new blood to inject into the team. I honestly think the relatively early and somewhat frustrating exit will light a fire under the boys and have them ready to go in September. Russia, Slovakia and Slovenia are all in various degrees of trouble and are lesser teams compared to us, a refocused Croatia takes a minimum of 7 points from those games which puts us in pole position.

I just hope Dalic remembers what an increased tempo and speed on the field does for our game.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,568 Posts
Dalic have for sure some good friends in Qatar, and they'll help us to win the tournament! Dalic must to stay!! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 292 Posts