Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Malta by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malta by 1 goal

• Scoreless Draw

• Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

21 - 40 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree, Pasalic just isn't a midfielder. He often plays his best for Atalanta playing next to someone behind the center forward. Atalanta play 3 in the back, so they get their width from their wingbacks and he gets to float around more centrally. His biggest problem is he's either great or invisible, but def a good player. As mentioned, since all Dalic seems comfortable playing is a 4-3-3 I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run as a false 9.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I can't believe Majer isn't even on standby. The guy is criminally underrated. He should be a guy that should be vying for a starting spot as a #10, if were playing with one, or RW in the 4-3-3. He can even play in the midfield as an advanced 8( mezzala) with strict 6 behind him. Anyway, he has been making the most of his minutes in France, looks confident and aggressive. He's been coming on as a right mid in their 4-4-2. Only matter of time before he cements his place there. He's better than Rennes level, and they are a top team in France. I'll just leave it at that. :)

·
dinamo67
10,624 Posts
Majer is starting to get some playing time with Rennes, so you'd expect him to make an extended list if we make the World Cup.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Dalic doesn’t give us enough options here but :

Grbic
Stanisic DCC Gvardiol Sosa

modric broz
Kovacic
vlasic perisic

livaja

i Don’t rate Livaja that highly at all. He just seems to have found the scoring touch lately .

still cannot believe majer and sucic are not on standby .

here’s also hoping that brekalo will make an impact if needed these last two matches . We sorely need him to play well

·
Registered
511 Posts
Let's be honest with ourselves Dalic will not experiment for such crucial games. I'm almost 100% certain the line up will be

Livakovic
Juranovic Lovren Vida Sosa
Modric Brozovic Kovacic
Vlasic Kramaric Perisic

It should be good enough against Malta and Russia anyway. Let's just hope the guys turn up to play

·
Registered
24,031 Posts
Am normally s.hitting bricks before our games...but now will be doubly s.hitting bricks keeping an eye on Broz and Luka's next few games praying they avoid injuries...if one of them goes down...damn.....

And Broz is already on a yellow if he gets one vs Malta...we'd be down to just Luka of the the three (Luka, Broz, Kova)...

Back to Costco...need a vat of Pepto now too....🤢

·
Registered
5,131 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Let's be honest with ourselves Dalic will not experiment for such crucial games. I'm almost 100% certain the line up will be

Livakovic
Juranovic Lovren Vida Sosa
Modric Brozovic Kovacic
Vlasic Kramaric Perisic

It should be good enough against Malta and Russia anyway. Let's just hope the guys turn up to play
i totally agree with you Boban.
The lineup I posted was my preferred one . 😊
😊😊
But I may have to change it now if Sucic gets called up

·
Registered
511 Posts
Without Kovacic I think we'll either put Livaja up front with Kramaric behind him and Vlasic on the right. Another option is Vlasic in the middle and Brekalo/Ivanusec at RW. Could also just do a like for like swap with Pasalic.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
If I read the latest report right , kovacic might be available for the qualifiers . (At least for Russia)
don’t know how wise it would be to keep him in the squad if not fully fit, however.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Without Kovacic I think we'll either put Livaja up front with Kramaric behind him and Vlasic on the right. Another option is Vlasic in the middle and Brekalo/Ivanusec at RW. Could also just do a like for like swap with Pasalic.
Kova and Pašalić aren't like for like. Two very different types. I'm hoping he starts Sučić, give the kid a chance in a big game.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Kova and Pašalić aren't like for like. Two very different types. I'm hoping he starts Sučić, give the kid a chance in a big game.
Like for like as in a straight swap without any changes to the formation but agreed, completely different players. Pasalic is much more of a goal scoring threat which is what we need right now. I'd give him the start.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Jakic behind Brozo and Modric should be alright no?

On the other hand when Majer will be considered seriously?
Rennes fans are already crazy about him.
Not enough goal scoring threat imo. Against Malta we certainly only need 2 CM's max.

Against Russia we could go with 3 but I felt we controlled possession quite easily in the first game, just had no end product. Kramaric has been out of goal scoring form for NT for ages now and Vlasic isn't as dangerous on the right. I wouldn't mind seeing Pasalic start both games but I'd also be happy with Sucic or Jakic for Russia game.

21 - 40 of 303 Posts