Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Malta by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malta by 1 goal

• Scoreless Draw

• Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Not just 'good'. I'd say vital. The players will collectively shit themselves if they're looking at 0-0 and they're at the 70 minute mark. Let's get one in the first 20 minutes or so, take the edge off things, get another by the half ideally and finish with a 3-0, 4-0 scoreline at FT.

That way Ante can save his industrial sized vat of Rolaids for the Russia game... ;)
Forget the players, what about me? I'll need defibrillator and an industrial pack of Depends from Costo to go along with the Rolaids...馃槵

Registered
Am normally s.hitting bricks before our games...but now will be doubly s.hitting bricks keeping an eye on Broz and Luka's next few games praying they avoid injuries...if one of them goes down...damn.....

And Broz is already on a yellow if he gets one vs Malta...we'd be down to just Luka of the the three (Luka, Broz, Kova)...

Back to Costco...need a vat of Pepto now too....馃あ

Registered
Agreed . I just don鈥檛 see us getting too spot with Livakovic in goal . Sorry for the pessimism , but never has a goalkeeper instilled so little confidence in me .
As I鈥檝e stated before , it seems when the opposition has a shot on goal , it鈥檚 going into the net. That鈥檚 why I鈥檓 praying for a decent starting back 4.
Every corner, free kick or cross with Livakovic puts me at significantly increased odds of heart attack or stroke. Not kidding...my heart rate really goes up as I look at my fitbit....ffs.

If I am the Ruskies, am thinking no matter what, just spray balls into the box...Livakovic won't go for them or if he does, can't catch or punch away cleanly...

Registered
Modric has a very bad cold apparently . Wonder if it鈥檚 COVID ..
He was in the game day squad for Real yesterday then got pulled out ...they say its a bad cold and that it won't prevent him playing for us so I am hopeful. If it was covid, we would be screwed...no Kova already...

But assuming it was a cold, a blessing in disguise as he didn't play yesterday...he had played the full 90 the other day in CL as well as almost all game last Sunday...so needed a break...

Registered
No way with Vlasic for me in a must win vs Ruskies if he hasn't played in weeks? and cannot be in form.

I'd go with Pasalic...in form as well. And we are going to need some heading ability as the Ruskies will bunker up daring us to cross where they can defend en masse.

Registered
I agree . He was just average.
crazy thought popped into my head recently.
Did anyone watch the ateltico Madrid match in which Vrsaljko played ?
Intriguing to think if he played well and is back in form to have that right full back position filled by him..
I watched parts of it...he scored (a flukey goal) but was also lost at sea on a few of the Valencia goals unfortunately... The second Trippier comes back, he'll be back to the bench...

Registered
Vrsaljko is one of my favourite guys because he always gives his best. With that said, he's struggled soo many times throughout his career and even though I'd give him a starting position with us only because of what he's done for us, I do believe Juranovic is the better option and we need to back him until or unless he starts having bad games.

Juranovic runs a lot and he forces the opponent to constantly back check, thats a very good thing for us.
Sime is a legend...loved his iconic photo with our flag after we beat england...and then his comments about them post game...lol ..and loved him and Lovren's antics throughout the WC....but he is done now unfortunately. Too many injuries and barely plays...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts