Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Malta by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malta by 1 goal

• Scoreless Draw

• Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Dalic doesn’t give us enough options here but :

Grbic
Stanisic DCC Gvardiol Sosa

modric broz
Kovacic
vlasic perisic

livaja

i Don’t rate Livaja that highly at all. He just seems to have found the scoring touch lately .

still cannot believe majer and sucic are not on standby .

here’s also hoping that brekalo will make an impact if needed these last two matches . We sorely need him to play well

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Let's be honest with ourselves Dalic will not experiment for such crucial games. I'm almost 100% certain the line up will be

Livakovic
Juranovic Lovren Vida Sosa
Modric Brozovic Kovacic
Vlasic Kramaric Perisic

It should be good enough against Malta and Russia anyway. Let's just hope the guys turn up to play
i totally agree with you Boban.
The lineup I posted was my preferred one . 😊
😊😊
But I may have to change it now if Sucic gets called up

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
If I read the latest report right , kovacic might be available for the qualifiers . (At least for Russia)
don’t know how wise it would be to keep him in the squad if not fully fit, however.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Just one more weekend of club action. We have been so unlucky with injuries, having 2 in-form players (Kova and Brekalo) out along with Ivusic whom we all prefer to Livakovic. The nerves have gotten to me over the last few days.
Agreed . I just don’t see us getting too spot with Livakovic in goal . Sorry for the pessimism , but never has a goalkeeper instilled so little confidence in me .
As I’ve stated before , it seems when the opposition has a shot on goal , it’s going into the net. That’s why I’m praying for a decent starting back 4.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
What a fiasco it will turn out to be if we drop points in Malta. :D
sadly , it’s a real possibility ! If I see livakovic, Vida, Lovren, barisic in the starting 11, we are doomed.

vlasic - out of form
Ivanusec - out of form

if Perisic decides to actually play we are Ok, but you never know. Sometimes he can be nonexistent as wrll

Livaja and Krama don’t instill confidence in me at all.

so In short I’m waiting for the playoffs 😂

• Wow
Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
He was in the game day squad for Real yesterday then got pulled out ...they say its a bad cold and that it won't prevent him playing for us so I am hopeful. If it was covid, we would be screwed...no Kova already...

But assuming it was a cold, a blessing in disguise as he didn't play yesterday...he had played the full 90 the other day in CL as well as almost all game last Sunday...so needed a break...
but Ante I’m afraid he won’t be 100 percent anyway. Even if it is a cold.
he will probably only start to feel better by Malta , and then the real recovery starts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Reports are that Majer will be called up as Sucic got hurt yesterday for Redbull
I prefer majer to sucic TBH.
I watched the RBS CL match the other day and Sucic didn’t really do much. Pasalic is more effective than Sucic at this time .

If true, would be great if Majer starts against Malta

according to LiveScore, majer is starting for Rennes today.

for the love of God, please don’t get injured !

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
How did Petkovic called up ? Did I miss something ?

Watching Rennes at the moment .
majer is already making an impact . Just 10 minutes in.

feeling more optimistic now with majer and Petkovic in the squad

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
So we have as certain starters:

---‐----------------------?????
Juranović---?????-----Gvardiol-----Sosa
-----------------Modrić-----Brozović
----------?????--------?????--------Perišić
------------------------Petković

GK - Livaković or Grbić?
CB - Lovren, Vida or Ćaleta-Car?
AM - Pašalić, Vlašić, Kramarić or Majer?
RW - Ivanušec, Vlašić, Kramarić or Majer?

Can't see Brekalo contending but the fact they've got him with the team mightbe indicative. Vlašić will probably struggle to get a start.

Gut feel is it will be Livaković, Lovren, Majer and Pašalić.
Suho, I agree with this.
freaking livakovic though …
But you’re right. Dalic will start him.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Come on man...Stanisic looked pretty average at best for us. You gotta stop reading the headlines and see for yourself. Sure, maybe Stanisic will be great for us and maybe he has been at Bayern but he was not very good when he played in this last cycle.
I agree . He was just average.
crazy thought popped into my head recently.
Did anyone watch the ateltico Madrid match in which Vrsaljko played ?
Intriguing to think if he played well and is back in form to have that right full back position filled by him..

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Sime is a legend...loved his iconic photo with our flag after we beat england...and then his comments about them post game...lol ..and loved him and Lovren's antics throughout the WC....but he is done now unfortunately. Too many injuries and barely plays...
I feel the same. Legend.
But yeah, if he is out of form , there is no place for him in the NT.
Wonder if he will start the next match for Atletico . Be interesting to see

1 - 20 of 46 Posts