Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Malta by 2+ goals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Malta by 1 goal

• Scoreless Draw

• Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Majer? He got there late so unlikely they'd just throw him into the XI. Then the injury at the start of the month. Haven't watched him for Rennes but what I have seen of him I still can't find a spot for him in the NT XI.
He’s been coming off the bench the last few games. Figured if he played well the last few games coming off the bench he would have today started which he did not.

·
Registered
968 Posts
"you always start with your best 11"

Where you gonna play Krama...striker? it's not his strength and he never does well there. He's always best behind the striker.

Vlasic has not performed well for us on a consistent basis and he's not on the field at West Ham...I guarantee you Ferguson would leave him on the bench.
Kramaric has played striker for Hoffenheim but yes I agree behind the striker is his best position. Problem is Croatia currently do not have a pure striker. Livaja isn’t a striker and Petkovic has been playing as the number 10 for Dinamo the last few games. Colak I don’t rate at all.

·
Registered
968 Posts
No way with Vlasic for me in a must win vs Ruskies if he hasn't played in weeks? and cannot be in form.

I'd go with Pasalic...in form as well. And we are going to need some heading ability as the Ruskies will bunker up daring us to cross where they can defend en masse.
Agree with Pasalic. Vlasic when in form is the better player but unfortunately he isn’t. Pasalic also gives us a better aerial presence which I feel we will need against a bunker Russia team.

·
Registered
968 Posts
He's right about Petković not being a 10 but to say Broz is a 10/attacking mid (and the best in the world lol) is ridiculous.

Btw; Petković for me is a write off. He might play the odd good game but he's not a good player.
Petkovic is happy where he is and yes will play the odd great game but I don’t think he has the mentality or work ethic to become a really good player. Petkovic is what he is a player blessed with really good technique who is lazy and not a goal scoring striker.

·
Registered
968 Posts
when Gvardiol was put into the lineup at this past Euro's, I felt it may have been too soon and wasn't sure after watching him in the first game vs England. Then, he just got better and better, even looking like a seasoned veteran at times. His composure and maturity were incredible...and some players have this quality. I think Majer might be one of them. He usually doesn't get nervous and he is quite a serious person even off the field so I am convinced he could handle the pressure.
The way Gvardiol played so well for Dinamo in Europa league is rare for a defender. Marsh the Red bull Leipzig coach said he’s the most talented 19 year old he’s ever seen and he’s coach big time talents at Redbull Salzburg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts