Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Scoreless Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

• Slovakia by 1 goal

• Slovakia by 2+ goals

21 - 40 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Also, I’m not sure this will be a case for trying to break down a bunker. Slovakia will defend, for sure, but they also know that they will have to go for it which should open up plenty of opportunities. Realistically, there is absolutely no reason why a team with our talent and depth doesn’t win a game like this 3-0.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,592 Posts

Livakovic - Stanisic, Vida, Guardiol, Barisic - Brozovic, Modric - Ivanusec, Pasalic, Perisic - Kramaric
A part of me is satisfied by this line-up but the other part not... especially with Barisic presence, but I wasn't impressed by Sosa last performances, so maybe this is the better option for us to play with Barisic.

I don't know if someone have noticed that, but Sosa did around 20 crosses in the box in his past matches with our NT, and no one was precise... Highlights on YouTube are always good for discover a player and discover his ability on the ball, but from what I've seen, I wasn't really convinced in offensive terms. Especially with his cross, he was nice with short passes, physical presence etc... but for me the rest wasn't good enough.

Plus, to me he's a bit too slow to run and to react. He's tall, and his height isn't an advantage against fast players...

But from this line-up, I will be happy to see Ivanusec starting the match, he deserves to play. The kid is really impressive, never afraid to run forward and provoke his opponent by making some dribbles. We actually need him!

Also good to see Vlasic on the bench and Pasalic get his place in the starting line-up.

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Dalmate,
I like Sosa . He is the better option than Barisic.
but I agree with your assessment about his crosses . They are not whipped in with ferocity. Too high and slow for my taste . (Not Jarni-esque!)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Why does Vida get the nod at CB? Truthfully, he can play at RB. DCC should be starting IMO

I fear a vida / livakovic screwup ….

Reactions: dalmate

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Ed
I believe Dalić said it's because DĆC hasn't been playing a lot for club so he isn't in shape to play 2 games in 3 days
He’s 25 years old . He should be able to play every day 😆.
very weird decision IMO

·
No pain - No gain.
4,592 Posts
Dalic just has a thing for these players. Sosa over Barisic everyday of the week. DCC was solid. I understand vlasic coming off though
Dalic hierarchy... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
464 Posts
A part of me is satisfied by this line-up but the other part not... especially with Barisic presence, but I wasn't impressed by Sosa last performances, so maybe this is the better option for us to play with Barisic.

I don't know if someone have noticed that, but Sosa did around 20 crosses in the box in his past matches with our NT, and no one was precise... Highlights on YouTube are always good for discover a player and discover his ability on the ball, but from what I've seen, I wasn't really convinced in offensive terms. Especially with his cross, he was nice with short passes, physical presence etc... but for me the rest wasn't good enough.

Plus, to me he's a bit too slow to run and to react. He's tall, and his height isn't an advantage against fast players...

But from this line-up, I will be happy to see Ivanusec starting the match, he deserves to play. The kid is really impressive, never afraid to run forward and provoke his opponent by making some dribbles. We actually need him!

Also good to see Vlasic on the bench and Pasalic get his place in the starting line-up.
To be fair we don't really have anyone to cross it into. I agree his crosses seemed pretty mindless but we don't have that type of profile of player to get on the end of a cross. I don't know why we even bother

21 - 40 of 283 Posts