Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Scoreless Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

• Slovakia by 1 goal

• Slovakia by 2+ goals

221 - 240 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
The elephant in the room is Kramaric. Even the goal he scored from point blank range had to be bungled in. And we have no other proper alternative. Even if we qualify, then what? Unless Kramaric finds genuine goal scoring form, we won't have too much to offer.
Unfortunately i think more or less the same.
Unless Livaja becomes the player we need by then.

·
dinamo67
10,398 Posts
He gets a slight pass for that considering the opponents he's faced. But I agree with everyone, it's either Ivusic or Grbic who should be starting.

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Slovenia can still get in because of Nations League
Perhaps they can qualify for the playoffs directly based on Nations League even if they finish third or fourth in the group, it remains to be seen.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Still confident we will win our last 2 games. We didn’t start playing today until we went a goal down. Then we pretty much took over the game foe the most part except for the first 10 minutes in the second half. I’m sorry but Vida is done for me. He was shaky on defense and shaky anytime he had the ball. Stanisic also had a rough game but he’s young and will learn. Gvardiol again I thought was very good. Barisic for me was ok Sosa though is a better player in every aspect though. Pasalic also for me had a bad game lost to many balls in midfield. Ivanusec was no existent should have been replaced by Brekalo instead of Vlasic. Pasalic should have been replaced by Livaja at the start of the second half. Best players should play and right now Livakovic is a liability. Either Ivusic or Grbic should start against Russia. Both of those goals would have been prevented by a good goalie.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
After a couple of hours of thinking about it, Dalic must be fired . plain and simple .
But I fear a Cacic type figure might take his place …
Boze moj, what a shit show

·
Registered
913 Posts
After a couple of hours of thinking about it, Dalic must be fired . plain and simple .
But I fear a Cacic type figure might take his place …
Boze moj, what a shit show
I disagree team has been playing much better lately but he got the lineup wrong today. Sosa should have started along with Car. They looked very calm and composed back there. Cyprus pressed them high quite a few times and they had no problems breaking there press other day. Not the case today as Modric had to come deep to help as Vida was shaky as heck whenever pressed as was barisic. Only Gvardiol looked composed for the most part when pressed. Still created plenty of chances just can’t finish that’s not on Dalic.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I think he wanted a bit more experience in the backline considering that the Slovak's are more of a threat on the break than Cyprus. I believe that both Vida and Barisic were introduced for exactly that reason. It makes sense on paper because Vida can help the inexperienced Stanisic and Barisic can provide more support to Gvardiol, who was only playing his second game for us in that position.

Having said that, I don't believe Gvardiol needed much support playing as center back. To me, he's an entirely different proposition in that position relative to when he plays left back. We haven't seen him against premium strikers yet but I have a lot more faith in him on the basis of these last two games.

I also rate DCC and genuinely see him with the capacity to be a better player than Vida. But as of today, with DCC only just coming back into match fitness, and given Vida's wealth of experience, it's not an illogical decision.
If the decision was based on match fitness not sure the logic is too strong since Vida missed most of September due to injury and played only one game before this international week. DCC at least had two starts in the last three weeks and played 135 minutes all up.

Probably a stretch to say he played Vida and Barišić solely because they're Osijek boys but I'm sure that played into Dalić's thinking.

For me it's not even that important in the context of this one game, we're strong favourites and should be beating Slovakia at home regardless of our XI. We beat them in Euro qualifying in Rijeka with DCC and Dino Perić playing at CB.

The concern for me is that Dalić has once again shown that he isn't willing or capable of building on some of the positive changes we saw since the March qualifiers/Euros.

First of all, we lose Kova and he decides to change half the defence. IMO that's the wrong decision, especially considering that we looked OK playing such a young defensive line. Also, when does he think he'll get a chance to transition these guys in if not now? I know he's said he'd experiment after qualifying and that there'll be a whole year for trying things but I don't think you can make genuine progress in friendlies and prep games.

And the logic for playing Barišić over Sosa? Not sure there's justification for that decision. Didn't really mind seeing Ivanušec in the XI but Brekalo could've been given the start considering his good early form for Torino.

And Dalić is lucky Ivušić got injured, I'm not convinced he would've started him. Like this Livaković starting is not a shocking call.

Anyway, someone said they get the feeling we'll see Vida and Lovren starting at the WC. If fully fit I wouldn't be surprised despite both being 33 by then. Only hope (and a realistic one) is at least one of them won't be fit and Dalić will be forced into playing the better option(s). :D

Btw, Krama up front alone hasn't and will not work. Hard to hold this against Dalić though as everyone knows we're thin up front. As was said here when the squad came out would've been nice to at least have a genuine target man on the bench.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I disagree team has been playing much better lately but he got the lineup wrong today. Sosa should have started along with Car. They looked very calm and composed back there. Cyprus pressed them high quite a few times and they had no problems breaking there press other day. Not the case today as Modric had to come deep to help as Vida was shaky as heck whenever pressed as was barisic. Only Gvardiol looked composed for the most part when pressed. Still created plenty of chances just can’t finish that’s not on Dalic.
Vida's always had that problem and it's a domino effect. Big heart and a warrior but an average player.

Might have had chances but our play wasn't at the level of the previous couple of games.

·
Registered
70,250 Posts

Multiple examples of the populist in action, had they had the lead in the final minutes I’m certain Skoric would have came on, which the article states made his first competitive match at Osijek which I remember vividly was a pointless sub in the Wales game at Osijek

Basically if they don’t win the group I doubt they make the WC, Dalic’s teams always have issues, for the most part, winning back to back games in these single windows especially if they play a halfway decent team in the second match

·
Registered
913 Posts
Vida's always had that problem and it's a domino effect. Big heart and a warrior but an average player.

Might have had chances but our play wasn't at the level of the previous couple of games.
No it wasn’t but still created enough chances to win this game. Vida was at least pretty good at defending he’s not even good at that anymore. He got burned a few times against the Slovaks where Gvardiol had to save his ass.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,594 Posts
Livakovic remind me Lloris during his time spent at Lyon. He is very good on his line but horrible in the air and with his foots. Lloris had the same weaknesses, and Lloris started to be better since his departure from Lyon.

Livakovic need to go too, he needs to join a new club and have a new GK trainer. He have the talent, but all these years at DZ aren't the good way for him to develop his play. France could be the right place for him to develop his play, or Spain where GK have specific training and learn to play with their foots.

I would like to finish by the fact that Lloris had the same problem than Livakovic during his time at Lyon, the guy had no impact on his teammates, and he was unable to establish himself as leader. Today, at Spurs and in the french NT, he's the captain and with time he became a leader.

Livakovic can become this type of player and stop to pie in his NT kit during the anthem. I trust in his abilities, but this summer or this januray, he needs to leave DZ!

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
We want everyone healthy, and we approach this mission one game at a time.

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
23,528 Posts
Have to beat Malta or the game vs the Ruskies is meaningless.

Need to be professional, take care of business really early and then sub off key guys like Perisic, Broz, Luka and Kova to be ready for the must win vs the ruskies. No risk of injury and they need to be all fresh and ready to go.

Am already nervous thinking about it...:censored::)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Right now in the play offs (i don't know about NL):
Group A: Portugal
Group B: Spain
Group C: Switzerland (could be Italy)
Group D: Ukraine (i don't think that France could be possible, must see goal difference)
Group E: Czech Republic or Gales
Group F: Scotland
Group G: Norway (could be HOLLAND)
Group H: CROATIA
Group I: Poland
Group J: Romania or North Macedonia or Armenia

221 - 240 of 284 Posts