Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Scoreless Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

• Slovakia by 1 goal

• Slovakia by 2+ goals

201 - 220 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
The elephant in the room is Kramaric. Even the goal he scored from point blank range had to be bungled in. And we have no other proper alternative. Even if we qualify, then what? Unless Kramaric finds genuine goal scoring form, we won't have too much to offer.
We could play with 3 at the back and play with a pair up front. Would give us more players in the final third in possession. Sosa, Juranovic, Perisic are all technical enough to cause problems in possession as wingbacks. We play a 4-3-3 which is probably the worst formation imho for the players at our disposal.

·
Registered
23,528 Posts
He did the same against Cyprus but forgotten/forgiven because we ended up winning by 3.
Don't remind me.

Its one thing scoring for no name Hoffenheim, another all together playing for us.

That being said though, he did deliver away in a must win vs the Ukes in Kiev scoring twice....so its possible he comes through again...(the optimist in me trying to find any glimmer of goal scoring hope).

Perisic will have to be big in this one.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
The crowd will be our 12th man and I hope its like the Hungary and Slovenia games where we are fired up. If we score early, I could see the ruskies cave...but if the longer it goes on tied, or even worse if we fall behind, will be really tough.

Hope it doesn't rain which will hurt us...and no injuries leading up or suspensions. We still have guys like Broz who could get suspended if he gets carded in Malta.

Not sure if it in a do or die I want Krama leading the attack. Not sure if I open the door to Rebic coming back either..what he did vs Spain and then the social media crap after was inexusable. He'd have to personally apologize to Dalic and the team as well.

Three bright sides to an otherwise disasterous result:

1) Coming back to tie means we don't need to beat the Ruskies by more than one. No doubt after they crush Cyprus and we labour by Malta, the goal differential will be in their favour. Having to win is one thing, having to win by 2 or 3 is that much harder and so much easier for the ruskies to sit bank and bunker for 90 minutes.

2) Sucic got capped. The kid will be a star down the road.

3) That's the end of the Livakovic as #1 keeper. Time to move on, and we thank him for his service.

Oh well, am pissed but what would a qualifying campaign be for us, if not always unnecessarily dramatic. Lets take care of business and Split, there is no other choice.
Ante , good post.
interesting you bring up rebic.
however, he is persona non grata.

ante, it’s spilt for crying out loud. We will crush the Rusi . Don’t worry about that.

again, the Russians are not that good as others have posted . Watch them get held by Cyprus , fingers crossed .
All said and done I am gutted , it’s true.
but , I still feel when our backs are against the wall , we just pull through ..

so let’s cheer up , including me ! :

Reactions: Ante

·
Registered
913 Posts
The elephant in the room is Kramaric. Even the goal he scored from point blank range had to be bungled in. And we have no other proper alternative. Even if we qualify, then what? Unless Kramaric finds genuine goal scoring form, we won't have too much to offer.
I mean he was one on one with the keeper chips it over him and hits the post. How he hit the post I don’t know thought for sure it was going in. Then in the second half he shanked every chance he had. Not sure how much the field had to do with this as Vlasic shanked his chances as well.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Russians will crush Cyprus. They aren’t that good against proper teams but they do their job vs teams they’re supposed to beat.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Sosa on a weekly basis plays against and with better players than Barisic. I would say he's actually the more experienced one at 24. Gvardiol has been phenomenal at CB. If you look around world football, its not about age anymore but quality. One thing is starting Modric, Bonucci's, Chiellini's etc...but that doesn't hold weight for Domagoj Vida.
I don't believe you can directly compare club football with international football. At club level there's the security of a team having been drilled to within an inch of its life. A young, talented player can more readily adapt when the instructions are more clearly defined and the game is so regimented (which is the case these days, more than ever before - it's almost like a playstation game).

International teams obviously have much less time to prepare and not only do players have less time to absorb instructions, they also have to be capable of greater improvisation in situations where the instruction is not fully available or their team mate comes up short.

Vida may not be a Bonucci, but he is relatively disciplined and he's certainly experienced.

Young players make their mark at international level when they play without fear...obviously they need to be talented.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
The misses are one thing. Him holding on to the ball too long practically every time he receives it is another.
dalmatino, am I wrong and just shell shocked . Was Krama playing a false 9 all the time????

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
We could play with 3 at the back and play with a pair up front. Would give us more players in the final third in possession. Sosa, Juranovic, Perisic are all technical enough to cause problems in possession as wingbacks. We play a 4-3-3 which is probably the worst formation imho for the players at our disposal.
I think you may be right...Kramaric could do with the support and playing off Budimir gives us a lot of versatility.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Thing with Kramaric is even in the bundesliga he’s a streaky guy. He scores in bunches if he’s in that form we’re very dangerous

201 - 220 of 284 Posts