Xtratime Community banner

Who will with this World Cup Qualifying match?

• Scoreless Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw With Goals (1-1, 2-2, etc.)

• Slovakia by 1 goal

• Slovakia by 2+ goals

1 - 20 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Am I crazy for not worrying about this game at all? We tend to play way better at home. I'm more worried about Malta away...lol

Anyway I'd like to see the same backline, hopefully for the next 10 years.

No Kovacic sucks but against Slovakia doesn't really matter, Livaja should start either up front or behind Kramaric.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Little out of the loop here but is/was Majer injured prior to call ups ?

·
Registered
23,511 Posts
Am s.hitting bricks. (as usual). Going to Costco to get more Rolaids.

Fingers crossed we take care of business and the Slovenes help us out at the same time vs the ruskies.

·
Registered
23,511 Posts
Am I crazy for not worrying about this game at all? We tend to play way better at home. I'm more worried about Malta away...lol

Anyway I'd like to see the same backline, hopefully for the next 10 years.

No Kovacic sucks but against Slovakia doesn't really matter, Livaja should start either up front or behind Kramaric.
Slovaks have some quality and remember last game it took a late wonder strike by Broz to put them away....they had a few great chances. We'll have to be ready.

We swap Luka for Kova for this one as Kova is out on cards.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Played really well again the passing and movement excellent finishing not so much. Stanisic with a solid debut apart from the big mistake early on. Gvardiol I thought was excellent. He must start next game. Luka what can you say excellent. Looked refreshed as he looked a bit quicker with some nice dribbles snd of course some outrageous passes. I don’t want Luka taking penalties or corners anymore. Let Sosa take the corners and Kramaric the pk. Jakic with a nice pass to Brekalo to lead to the Livaja goal. Game should have been 5 or 6-0. On to Slovakia.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really happy with the amount of youngsters being called up recently.
Yes I agree! Not sure what has gotten into Dalić all of a sudden but I like it!

Too bad he didn’t call Roko too haha

Who was dropped for Sučić? Please tell me it was Škorić

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
No pain - No gain.
4,592 Posts
I hesitated to vote between a draw and a win for us by 1 goal... This match gonna be difficult to win, especially with our problem to score against a solid and organized defense.

Good to see some youngsters joining the team, this can be a huge difference into the team. Others big NT teams are building around their youngsters, and this was also the time for us to make it.

Reactions: Nepoznat

·
Registered
906 Posts
I hesitated to vote between a draw and a win for us by 1 goal... This match gonna be difficult to win, especially with our problem to score against a solid and organized defense.

Good to see some youngsters joining the team, this can be a huge difference into the team. Others big NT teams are building around their youngsters, and this was also the time for us to make it.
Slovakia really outplayed Russia they got an own goal to win the match. Game will be harder then Cyprus for sure but we still should dominate possession. Hopefully we can finish better then last game as I do think we will create good chances. We have lots of players in good form. Young guys look hungry and determined. I might even start Sucic as his form is better then Vlasic right now. Vlasic and Kramaric are our only players who look not in form right now. Kramaric though a bit unlucky on the offside it was a nice finish but he had two other good chances and missed a sitter late in the first half.

·
No pain - No gain.
4,592 Posts
Slovakia really outplayed Russia they got an own goal to win the match. Game will be harder then Cyprus for sure but we still should dominate possession. Hopefully we can finish better then last game as I do think we will create good chances. We have lots of players in good form. Young guys look hungry and determined. I might even start Sucic as his form is better then Vlasic right now. Vlasic and Kramaric are our only players who look not in form right now. Kramaric though a bit unlucky on the offside it was a nice finish but he had two other good chances and missed a sitter late in the first half.
I totally agree with you Spidey! This is maybe the time for Kramaric and Vlasic to be on the bench, especially after the yesterday performance. Plus, Kovacic will be suspended and his absence will offer a chance for Susic to play a part of the second half (because I have huge doubts that he will start over Ivanusec or Vlasic in the midfield trio). And I would add that I was really impressed by Gvardiol performance, but also by his partnership with DCC. For me, this partnership has showed more consistency and solidity than the Lovren/Vida partnership. This will be very interesting to see the future Dalic choices for this match, but all in all I was pleased by the Dalic choices against Cyprus. So the game was a bit slow and unlucky in first half, but Dalic is slowly building a strong team, with a bench full of talents.

As I said few weeks ago, we've reached the World Cup final with a mixed bench, between young, aged, and inexperienced players. Today, we can go to this World Cup with a very strong side. But we absolutely need to work on our tactics, our tempo of the play etc... All the things that we were poor against Spain. Able to be also the team who is obligated to defend and to make some counter, because actually, we're only the team who is playing, with a play based on possession. But one thing is sure, we can (EDIT: can't :D ) beat each team of the tournament with this style of play, especially against strong defensive sides.

1 - 20 of 283 Posts