Xtratime Community banner

Who will win this World Cup 2018 Russia Group D match?

• Scoreless Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigeria by 1 goal

• Nigeria by 2+ goals

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
AJMO !

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Time to put up or shut up.

#wearecroatia :strong:

·
No pain - No gain.
4,154 Posts
Thanks for the share Nepoznat ! :)

·
Registered
20,259 Posts
Off to Costco to get an industrial vat of Rolaids..the nerves are kicking in already..lol

#weareCroatia :proud:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I'm not sure what to expect for the first game. In my opinion, I feel we are the better team, no question about it BUT we have a few question marks that need to be cleared up.

During the preparation, we've seen our team play in 4 games...Peru, Mexico, Brazil and Senegal. In each of these games we saw several combinations of starters and yet, I'm not really sure we saw our starting line-up on the field at the same time in any of the games...and with that said, we saw players being used in an experiment...out of position and mostly ineffective.

Did Dalic disguise things on purpose or were his rosters based on availability, players being healthy/injured, experiments, opponents....???

This morning I read that our attack will be tailored...Mandzukic up top, Perisic (Left) and Rebic (Right), Kramaric right behind the striker and Luka Modric returning to his regular position beside Rakitic...Badelj on the bench! I'm not unhappy to see Modric return to his original position, I think that's where he's most effective and comfortable. My question is, can Kramaric play that position and will he be effective? My guess is that Dalic wants his best players on the field at the same time, without damaging his line-up and with the hope that things will work out...Kramaric will score, Mandzukic will draw a lot of attention and Perisic and Rebic will have their duty to serve good balls with the option to slot the pass to Kramaric.

I'm not sure this will work but at the same time, I understand why Dalic may try this. He probably thinks his sacrifice is Badelj, but I honestly think the sacrifice is by not replacing Mandzukic with Kramaric and sitting Mandzo on the bench! If he did that then I'd probably play Rakitic behind Krama...cause he has great distribution in the final 3rd of the field and he can shoot and score better than Modric can....we'd get Badelj in his position and their would be less of a mystery.

I'm not sure this will happen, but its flying around today's news....thoughts?

·
Registered
36,102 Posts
I think Dalić is too impressed with Mandžo's reputation to sit him out first game, he can come up big in important games but lately he's been ineffective for us.

I'd think leaving Badelj and Modrić, with Rakitić infront o them like he played in Sevilla and Krama as striker would be a natural fit for the players we have, nut that means sacrificing Mandžo...what a headache!

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I think Dalić is too impressed with Mandžo's reputation to sit him out first game, he can come up big in important games but lately he's been ineffective for us.

I'd think leaving Badelj and Modrić, with Rakitić infront o them like he played in Sevilla and Krama as striker would be a natural fit for the players we have, nut that means sacrificing Mandžo...what a headache!
...at least this type of talk is productive and we are just hoping the best team is fielded. when I look at my twitter account and see some suggest Kalinic needs to start, cause he's way better than Mandzukic I begin to wonder if the commentors are Hajduk fans...and sure enough, I click on their twitter handle and see they are!

:laugh:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Off to Costco to get an industrial vat of Rolaids..the nerves are kicking in already..lol

#weareCroatia

Tums and PeptoBismol here I come...shitting bricks!!!!!

AJMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I know Strinić will give me an ulcer before this is over, but .....

AJMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,774 Posts
Like Shevchenko said, you guys have one of the greatest midfielders of all time. Nothing to worry about :proud:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Time to get pumped folks!!!!!
I was at that game. Probably about 20-30m to the right of where the guy was that filmed the clip. And I remember that particular period (how do you forget it?) which occurred during extra time when it felt as if the game was starting to slip away a bit and the Turks were becoming more confident. Everyone behind those goals literally sang themselves hoarse, with each repetition becoming more and more intense. And it felt as if the players were starting to feed off it too. It was incredible.

And then the most exhilarating moment of my life as a football fan occurred...Klasnic scored!! I remember jumping on top of complete strangers.

Ironically, that was immediately followed by the most painful and shocking moment in my football life...they equalized at the death.

Fcuk I love this drug!!!!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts