Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Romania wouldn't be a bad draw either.
I have actually theory, that we might have best chances (from 1st pot) to get points, against Portugal rather than Romania or Croatia.
Especially, when CR7 should get injured :D

E:OK, Wales would be perfect opinion, as they depend as much on their two biggest star

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Russia comes to Tallinn!

Estonia group: Belgia, Greece, Bosnia and Cyprus. So need to take revenge for that night in Zenica and hope that Bosnia and Greece continues their bad run. Belgia should be even stronger than England and Cyprus is fishy

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,990 Posts
I have actually theory, that we might have best chances (from 1st pot) to get points, against Portugal rather than Romania or Croatia.
Especially, when CR7 should get injured :D

E:OK, Wales would be perfect opinion, as they depend as much on their two biggest star
Your theory is right. I don't understand why people underrate Romania so much without even understand the situation or following our football. Come the qualifiers with a real coach, we can beat anyone. Hell, even under our shitty managers we've beaten some of the biggest sides in the world time and time again. If they underestimate us, they're in for a shock -- although we do tend to ruin our potential quite a lot, but that's a whole other discussion

What a great group for Estonia. You should be able to get some results. The Greeks are utter shit, even if they pick themselves up by then they won't qualify imo. Belgium and Bosnia should have this. Cyprus is meh, you could lose or beat them

·
1st Tier Poster
49,570 Posts
Not happy with this draw...Belgium is a team on the rise, Greece and Bosnia ultimately too strong to have hope of getting past them in the final standings. Cyprus probably has a slightly stronger squad than us too, going by their recent results.

First time in many many years I would not be shocked if we finish last in the group with 1 or 0 points.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,990 Posts
Belgium should win it no prob imo.. Though I do believe Bosnia have a shot at a shock win over them. Greeks can fail miserably again (I hope so) or finish third at best imo. Estonia can grab results, Greece and Cyprus have to be their main targets to get as many points as possible from. Realistically, I can't see more than 1 or 2 pts from Bosnia and Belgium, though. is that guy still at Boro?
Oojer or something

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,990 Posts
Figures :D

·
1st Tier Poster
49,570 Posts
Belgium should win it no prob imo.. Though I do believe Bosnia have a shot at a shock win over them. Greeks can fail miserably again (I hope so) or finish third at best imo. Estonia can grab results, Greece and Cyprus have to be their main targets to get as many points as possible from. Realistically, I can't see more than 1 or 2 pts from Bosnia and Belgium, though. is that guy still at Boro?
Oojer or something
Oper has retired long ago and never played at Boro.

Kink was the one who played there (well he mostly sat on the bench to be precise)...he doesn't really play for the NT a whole lot anymore.

Klavan is currently our only top class player. Vassiljev still might perform his magic too in the NT shirt.

·
Ilie Balaci ❤
10,990 Posts
Definitely heard of Klavan.

Tarmo Kink! Was a mighty legend, wasn't he? Oper also was a good player from what I can remember.

Goes Floria (can't remember the spelling)? The green team that's usually the CL team for you guys? How's the domestic to abroad ratio in the national team, and any predictions for the future of Estonian football (good and bad)? I was impressed watching the England Estonia qualies game awhile back, some good moments and was rooting for you guys

·
1st Tier Poster
49,570 Posts
Definitely heard of Klavan.

Tarmo Kink! Was a mighty legend, wasn't he? Oper also was a good player from what I can remember.

Goes Floria (can't remember the spelling)? The green team that's usually the CL team for you guys? How's the domestic to abroad ratio in the national team, and any predictions for the future of Estonian football (good and bad)? I was impressed watching the England Estonia qualies game awhile back, some good moments and was rooting for you guys
Oper was actually the legend, Kink was pretty much a failure (had some nice moments though like this goal in Serbia) :D

Flora rarely plays in the CL nowadays, they haven't won the title since 2011.

Domestic league players ratio is higher than ever in the NT, something like 2/3. This is also because many experienced internationals like Lindpere, Kruglov, Kink, Purje have returned to the local league. Overall our future outlooks do not seem good...not much young talent coming up.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,570 Posts
calendar:

06.09.2016 Bosnia ja Hertsegoviina – Eesti
10.10.2016 kell 21:45 Eesti – Kreeka (A. Le Coq Arena)
13.11.2016 Belgia – Eesti
25.03.2017 Küpros – Eesti
09.06.2017 kell 21:45 Eesti – Belgia (A. Le Coq Arena)
31.08.2017 Kreeka – Eesti
03.09.2017 kell 19:00 Eesti – Küpros (A. Le Coq Arena)
10.10.2017 kell 21:45 Eesti – Bosnia ja Hertsegoviina (A. Le Coq Arena)

+2 friendlies with Russia

07.10.2016 kell 21:45 Eesti – Venemaa (A. Le Coq Arena)
07.10.2017 Venemaa – Eesti

1 - 19 of 19 Posts