1st Tier Poster
The objective is to draft a squad of 14 players from all the players participating in the World Cup. This will be done in a snake draft format, like in many previous XT draft games. So every participant will have a team of unique players.
The draft starts on 6th June (if we get enough people signed up by then)
Once the tournament starts (14th June), you will post a team consisting of 11 players for 1st round. The posted team must have minimum/maximum 1 GK, minimum 3 Defenders, minimum 2 Midfielders and MAXIMUM 3 Forwards (those categories are based on FIFA World Cup 2018 official page) https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/qcuxk3y7c1ezwo5yylnn.pdf
Those 11 players are the ones who collect full points for you in this round (3 subs will get their points halved).
There are 8 point scoring rounds:
1. Group stage Round 1
2. Group stage Round 2
3. Group stage Round 3
4. Round of 16
7. Final/3rd place match
8. World Cup official awards (the entire squad list qualifies)
Keep in mind that subs are mostly relevant on group stage. It is very likely that by the time of Round 4 or 5 many teams don’t have 12 players still left in the competition and then they can continue posting the same team until the last round.
- 3 points for win/1 point for draw (in the playoff rounds a draw after 90 minutes gives 1 point and 1 extra point is awarded for a win in extratime/penalty shootout). A player needs to play for 45 minutes to qualify for these points. Playing less than 45 minutes gives half of those points. (example: Belgium and England settle for a 1-1 draw. You have Hazard, Lukaku and Kane in your team. Hazard and Kane play the full the match, Lukaku comes on as a sub on 56th minute. You get 2.5 points.)
- 3 points for a goal
- 3 points for Man of the Match (based on the official tournament page)
- 2 points for assist (FIFA.com didn’t keep official count for these in WC2014 but I think ESPN and some others did)
- 2 points for a penalty save (GK); 0.5 points for a penalty save in a shootout; in both cases must be an actual save not a missed kick
- 2 points for a clean sheet (GK); 1 point for being involved in a clean sheet but playing less than 45 minutes; playoffs extra time 120min clean sheet gives x1.5 points
- 1 point for a clean sheet (DF); 0.5 points for being involved in a clean sheet but playing less than 45 minutes; playoffs extra time 120min clean sheet gives x1.5 points
- -1 point for red card, own goal or a penalty miss (does not apply to shootouts)
example: Rashford (who is in my subs list) comes on vs Tunisia at 70th minute mark and participates in a win and also scores. So he gets 0.75 points for the win (the normal 3 points halved for him playing less than 45 minutes and then halved again for being in my subs list) and 1.5 points for the goal (the normal 3 points halved for him being in my subs list).
Every member of the World Cup winner team gets 4 bonus points at the end of the tournament. Every member of the World Cup runner up team gets 2 bonus points at the end of the tournament. Every member of the World Cup 3rd place team gets 1 bonus point at the end of the tournament. Only players with at least 1 appearance in the tournament qualify for the bonus.
- Golden Ball – 7 points; Silver Ball – 4 points; Bronze Ball – 2 points
- Golden Glove – 6 points
- Golden Boot – 4 points; Silver Boot – 2 points; Bronze Boot – 1 point
- Castrol XI team member – 3 points
- FIFA Dream Team member – 3 points
Keep in mind this will be a QUICK draft game. Only 1 HOUR deadline for picks (and THIS WILL BE KEPT). Keep in mind we have to complete the draft in roughly 7-8 days.
If you are not sure if you’re around then please send lists to me or other players. If you miss your pick deadline then you don’t lose it but can do it later “outside of order”.
Team posting deadline: before the opening whistle of the first match of every round. If you don’t post your new team then the team you posted in the previous round will automatically count as your entry. The teams which do not comply with basic team composition rules (minimum/maximum 1 GK, minimum 3 Defenders, minimum 2 Midfielders and MAXIMUM 3 Forwards) by the time of the deadline will not qualify for the round and get 0 points (or the team you posted in the previous round will automatically count as your entry).
It is advised that team members keep their own team’s score during the tournament.
Draft format: snake draft