• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

June 23rd 2014 - 17:00 Local Time (16:00 EDT, 22:00 CET)

Arena Pernambuco, Recife (Capacity 46,160)

Croatia must win to advance (or draw and hope Cameroon somehow beats Brasil), however a draw will be enough for Mexico!

FIFA Video on Recife:
Fm8MMa9yTUI​

Potential line-ups:

vs

and here are some pre-match stats:

Mexico (DWLLWW) is 3-2-1 and coming off a draw after playing Brasil well in match #2. Hrvatska (WLWWDW) on the other hand is 4-1-1 in it's last 6 games, only loss was being robbed by the referee in the fixed Opening Match for World Cup 2014. Croatia is coming off a dominating 4-0 smashing of 10 men Cameroon

Betting odds:

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Mexico will win 1-0 or 2-1, should be a great game.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,475 Posts
Go Croatia and beat those corn eating mexicans.

Stuff the ball in Ochoa's face, he's NOTHING but a fly by nite mexican jumping BEAN

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Croatia - Mexico (Arena Pernambuco ; 17:00)

A big match where the winner gains the second spot (assuming Brazil win). Mexico are in the more favorable position as they only need a draw to advance. They also have one more day of rest than Croatia. Both teams have looked good thus far and it should be an entertaining match.

My prediction: Mexico 1-2 Croatia

·
Registered
196 Posts
Interesting that this is in Recife. I think it was quite obvious that Italy did not handle the heat and humidity against Costa Rica. Their ball retention in particular was uncharacteristically bad for a nation that prides itself in playing structured, tactical football. This game is later in the day but Mexico should still gain an advantage here.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Thought Croatia would get through this group, but after the robbery they faced Vs Brazil and Mexico's point against the same nation, I'm not so sure any more. Mexico only need a draw to advance and I expect them to do some damage on the counter today.

Croatia's success will be dependant on 2 major factors IMO. First is whether their defence holds up, Corluka and Pranjic in particular (I'd play Vrsaljko instead of the latter). Second is their 'magic triangle' in midfield, Modric, Rakitic and Kovacic. On paper a great trio, maybe only lacking on the defensive side, but in theory they should be able to match any midfield at this current WC. If they play their game well and get Mandzukic those final balls (preferably through the air as they have an advantage there), everything is possible.

Should be a cracking game.

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Croatia : Pletikosa - Srna, Vrsaljko, Corluka, Lovren, Pranjic - Perisic, Modric, Rakitic, Olic - Mandzukic

Mexico : Ochoa - F. Rofriguez, R. Marquez, H. Moreno - Aguilar, Herrera, Vasquez, Layun, Guardado - Dos Santos, Peralta

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Can someone explain to me why the Mexican fans yell "oouha" after every goal kick??

1 - 20 of 58 Posts