22/06/2008 Kuwait WCQ Home--------------------2-2
20/08/2008 Egypt Friendly Dubai

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The squad

Iran squad:

Goalkeepers: Vahid Talebloo (Esteghlal Tehran) Mehdi Rahmati (Mes Kerman) Mehdi Vaezi (Persepolis Tehran) Abbas Mohammadi (Sepahan Esfahan)

Defenders: Mohammad Nosrati (Persepolis Tehran) Jalal Hosseini (Saipa Karaj) Hadi Aghili (Sepahan Esfahan) Mohsen Bengar (Sepahan Esfahan) Hadi Shakouri (Al Arabi, QAT) Hossein Kaebi (Leicester City, ENG) Sheyz Rezaei (Persepolis Tehran)Pejman Nouri (Persepolis Tehran) Morteza Asadi (Saba Battery)

Midfielders:Mehdi Mahdavikia (Eintracht Frankfurt, GER) Milad Meydavoudi (Esteghlal Ahvaz) Ebrahim Sadeghi (Saipa Karaj) Andranik Teymourian (Bolton Wanderers, ENG) Maziar Zare (Malavan Anzali) Iman Mobali (Al Shabab, UAE) Mojataba Jabbari (Esteghlal Tehran) Ali Karimi (Qatar SC, QAT) Masoud Shojaei (Al Sharjah, UAE) Mehrzad Madanchi (Al Shaab, UAE) Alireza Vahedi-Nikbakht (Persepolis Tehran)

Strikers:Mohsen Khalili (Persepolis Tehran)J avad Kazemian (Al Shabab, UAE) Ali Samereh (Al Shaab, UAE) Mehdi Rajabzadeh (Al Emarat, UAE)

Hashemian said he didn't want to be called for the first phase of qualifying, which is actually a good thing because now we can see how shit we are in strikers. Nekounom is injured of course, and Rezaei retired.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Draw Costa Rica in a friendly I couldn't watch because I was on a plane. Supposedly we played better in the 0-0.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
LOL.

I didn't watch the game I was at school but I just saw the score.

0-0.. At home against Syria.. This is what Team Melli has become? I wouldn't be so confident to qualify for the WC like this.

The problem lies much deeper than the players and the coach..

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watched unfortunely and you are right our football is in a mess. Nothing works at all. We have not scored in a long time also. Fans were chanting they want Daei back.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Squad for Bahrain friendly and Kuwait WCQ.

Goalkeepers:
Seyyed Mahdi Rahmati, Hassan Roudbarian, Misaq Me'marzadeh

Defenders:
Seyyed Jalal Hosseini, Hadi Aqili, Amir Hossein Sadeqi, Hanif Omranzadeh, Mohsen Bengar, Pejman Nouri, Sattar Zare'

Midfielders:
Hossein Ka'bi, Majid Gholamnejad, Seyyed Hashem Beykzadeh, Andranik Teymourian, Ibrahim Sadeqi, Abbas Aqaei, Iman Mobali, Reza Khaleqifar, Vahid Amraei, Alireza Vahedi-Nikbakht, Milad Zeneyedpour, Mehrzad Madanchi, Ali Karimi, Mojtaba Jabbari, Mas'oud Shojaei, Maziar Zare'

Strikers:
Vahid Hashemian, Mohsen Khalili, Alireza Abbasfard, Milad Meydavoudi

Obvious absentees are Nekounom due to injury.

Mahdavikia is out due to injury also.

Hashemian was called, but I doubt he will come, also I think he is injured on top of it.

Aghili probably is injured too I believe.

Kazemian, Taleblou, and Nosrati simply were not called.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He starting training again a couple of weeks ago. I bet he will a couple games at the end of the season. I hope he can recover.

Good luck to Daei, even though he is with Saipa now getting ready for Asian CL.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meh, this team is shit. I don't blame Daei, but the players just couldn't complete simples pass or put in a decent ball for a set piece. Atleast the team was organised for once, but that doesn't matter when you cannot do the simple things in football. To top it all off we lost to a bunch of grassrollers.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did watch. And basically our 2nd goal was lucky. It was a bit like a goalkeeper goal, but Hosseini did it. Nikbakht's goal nice though. Karimi is playing well, but the team cannot do the simple things like pass a ball or create proper space for themselves. Everything seemed rushed.

Surely we must qualify out of this stage, but the next stage will be a problem.

Some good news is Nekounom and Kia will be back for the summer games.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I should add these teams are getting a bit better. The ones we used to beat 4-0 and such.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry I've been away and didn't post. Meh this team isn't even worth it anymore. I do wish they qualify, but I do not see it happening really. No Kia, no Karimi, but still a chance. I just hope the players give their all. That means whoever plays.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
The match is scheduled for 2pm on Monday.. A time where everyone will be at work and school.

Also, I feel sad for the players especially, that instead of training and getting ready for the match, they have to sit and listen to Ahmadinejad.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They changed to 7PM local time and the stadium was pretty full. As for the game :yuck: It has come to point where we are just not good enough anymore. Other than not Enayati not starting, I just wished Kazemian played this game, because perhaps he could have made a difference. Now we have to basically win all our games to qualify. This is getting worse every match.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
There was a day when we would beat teams like this 5-0. Now we are nothing.

We have to accept the fact that under this regime, we will never qualify for anything.

Where is everyone else? Although I can understand if they don't feel like discussing team melli right now.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I chose to watch our game today instead of the Euro opener (ajab hoseleh daram). We won, but it was not a performance to be proud of really. I don't have much hope for WC.

Comments guys?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts