Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
There's one by Akon with it. It sucks to be honest...

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
I actually liked the Akon song. I have to say the only energetic WC song was in 1998 - Ricky Martin's un, dos, tres. Very catchy, and was a truly anthemic tune.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I have it in my ear since a week or so...still like it. In a few weeks I could hate it cause its played too much.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think this is the best WC Anthem song yet, Ricky Martin's was for 98 in France, there was nothing french about it, the guy was singing in spanish and counting in it too. This sounds african and the words are very descriptive of world cup fever and how the tournament enthrawls the world every 4 years.

Akon's song "Oh Africa" is not so bad either.

At least these songs sound like WC songs.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Vangelis did the best theme for the World Cup back in 2002. The rest is rubbish, commercial and absolute rubbish.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
the best by a mileeeeeeeeeeeeeeee was the italian one in WC90..by a mile...this song SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! horrible....somehow in a weird way this clip reminds me of Black Eyes Pea's "let's get it started", and thi last one would be a lot better...

·
SPQR
3,660 Posts
Something about African beats makes me happy eveyr time I hear these sort of songs lol. Have to say its the best song since 1998 but that will never be beaten I reckon.

·
SPQR
3,660 Posts
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wl5YnxRRh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wl5YnxRRh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

·
Registered
15,666 Posts
I really like it (both the original and the celebration remix). It's what a World Cup anthem should be :thumbsup:. Reminds me a little of that Bamboo version of Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie".

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
[tub]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wl5YnxRRh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wl5YnxRRh7w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/tub]
not written for the world cup, but cool stuff. St. Pauli goal song.

LMXTtwUmukA

·
SPQR
3,660 Posts
Yeah FIFA 98 theme song but still great.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
This is not an official song, but one I think is pretty funny, called "Gimme Hope Joachim" by German a capella group Basta (the song itself is a parody of Eddy Grant's "Gimme Hope Joanna):

[tub]YMAvAQ3FhgQ[/tub]

Lyrics translated for non-German speakers such as myself:

The Portuguese have the best players; The Brazilians are pretty fast; The Spaniards have not lost three years; But we have the most beautiful hotel.

The Ronaldinho has the best technique; Ronaldo has the best physic; David Beckham has a foot of steel; But Jogi Löw has the most beautiful hairdo.

Gimme hope, Joachim gimme, hope, Joachim!; Gimme hope, Joachim, for the World Cup!; Gimme hope, Joachim gimme, hope, Joachim!; Hope for South Africa …

The Koreans have nimble legs; The Mexicans have a hard shot; The French have a good man in goal; But we have the largest bus …

The Danes strengthen with the protein; The Serbs toil half dead; The Argentinians torture in the jungle camp; But Jogi smears Nutella on his bread …

Gimme hope, Joachim gimme, hope, Joachim!; Gimme hope, Joachim, for the World Cup!; Gimme hope, Joachim gimme, hope, Joachim!; Hope for South Africa …

The Greeks are once again tip; And Switzerland wins outnumbered; The Dutchmen are back with it; But still brings us Jogi ‘Cup …

1 - 20 of 23 Posts