1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 June 2010: NZ vs. Slovakia
20 June 2010: Italy vs. NZ
24 June 2010: Paraguay vs. NZ

I think if New Zealand is to have any hope of getting out of the group a win against Slovakia is essential. It'll be a big ask though as they topped their European qualification group over Slovenia and the Czech Republic.

That friendly against Italy back in June resulted in a close 4-3 win for Italy, although admittedly they didn't play many of their regular starters in the game. I think it's fairly unlikely NZ will take anything from this match.

Paraguay finished third in South American qualification (level on points with second placed Chile, and one point behind table toppers Brazil) and had some noteable results along the way (including a 2-0 victory over Brazil, and a 1-0 win against Argentina). Hmm...tough match.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Can't see us getting out of the group - I think a reasonable result would be a draw against Paraguay. Have a feeling Slovakia may be a touch too tough. Italy - odds on to take us to the cleaners but you never know. They aren't young. I've heard Cannavaro is back in the side - maybe Rory Fallon can get into him, boss him and head a few on for Smelzy and Killen to test the keeper.

·
Imperium Romanum
3,354 Posts
Congrats on the win against us, it was a symbiotic result. It gave you guys good confidence and dragged us down back to earth. And honestly just ignore those 2 scumbags who ran on the pitch. They are just scums and that's that.

Good luck for the WC KIWIS!

·
International
9,526 Posts
Well, a great performance from NZ. Surely our best ever. The tempo against the Slovakian's suited us and while we didn't have their flair, we matched them for workrate and grit. What lies in store against Italia?

·
International
9,526 Posts
Blimmin' nora - a draw against the eyeties!! In my view, it turned out to be a less troubling match than Slovakia. Could the run continue against Paraguay? Seems unlikely but at a world cup like this, anything seems possible.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Any chance for the round of 16?

Even if NZ get smashed i mean the world of credit to the boys. One of the highlights of this WC for sure. Herbert = Legend.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:thumbsup: Just a shame we couldn't do what the US did, and score that one all important goal that would've seen us top the group.
Still, some great performances in there, and a lot of positives can be taken from this tournament.
Winston Reid - what a future he's got. :strong:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
What the **** is this shit? Nothing to do with Prickery

1 - 12 of 12 Posts