Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pot 1: Italy, Spain, Germany, Czech Rep, France, Portugal, Holland, Croatia and Greece.

Pot 2 ( teams that we won´t be playing against): Besides Israel, England, Romania, Scotland, Turkey, Bulgaria, Sweden, Russia and Poland.

Pot 3: Serbia, Norway, Ukraine, Denmark, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Finland, Switzerland, Belgium

Pot 4: Slovakia, Hungary, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Moldova, Macedonia, Wales, Belarus, Lithuania, and Cyprus.

Pot 5: Georgia, Albania, Slovenia, Latvia, Iceland, Armenia, Austria, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein

Pot 6: Azerbaijan, Estonia, Malta, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Andorra, Faroe Islands, San Marino

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I dont know why. But i just Dont know about Pot 3. Pot 3 seems to be a little tricky. Ireland is a tough team, and we may get them again. Finland, is alright, they dont seem like a threat...Switzerland/Ireland gives us the whole dejavu of 2006 Qualifiers. Serbia is a new, and may be easy....
Norway is the jawdropping, since they do form a good team......
Denmark..we know how they are ofcourse...but 8 years have come and gone...

Belgium is new and may be intresting like Serbia....

and ofcourse Ukraine is no walk in the park...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Guys heres our group:

Greece
Israel
Swiss
Moldova
Latvia
LUxembourg

Looks like one of the easier groups. Greece is not a powerhouse and Swiss have dropped big time since World Cup 2006.
Moldova, Latvia and Luxembourg should all be 3-0 wins.

I like our chances here, probably the easiest group we've ever been drawn into.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
What a cool group! This time we really have a chance, but Greece and Switzerland are also very good teams, but they are not better / worse than us.

Very good group.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Haimrevivo1 said:
What a cool group! This time we really have a chance, but Greece and Switzerland are also very good teams, but they are not better / worse than us.

Very good group.
Well Greece is obviously a better team than you but I don't expect you to admit it. ;)

Anyway, you probably wanted us as much as we wanted you. Good draw for everyone. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
Well Greece is obviously a better team than you but I don't expect you to admit it. ;)

Anyway, you probably wanted us as much as we wanted you. Good draw for everyone. :)

not that much better, but I dont expect you to admit it

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
I am really happy with this group.
This is possibly the best situation we had since.......ever really.... I mean, 1st is an actual potential for us.

One thing before I continue...a question....
2nd has to go threw a playoffs, right?

With that being said,

Greece: Seems like the toughest. I know people underestimate Greece, but Greece is sorta like Croatia. They are fast and strong and can seriously win both games. I may take them into a top notch, but they still do have a better chance than us in the books to take the 6 games in Athens and Tel Aviv.
Still, we haven't play the Greeks since 1991. So i think both teams have changed dramatically and i think with the new squad coming and Greece's 2004 Star studded team folding and making way for the younger players like we did....than the game look uncertain....

Switzerland A Very tough team as well. Like Berko mentioned. They simply dropped down the last time we saw them. I think we can really take points of them. Im hoping for the best, but in realistic thoughts, i think if we win them in Tel Aviv and tie in Bern, we should be in good shape for 2nd.

Moldova a very very underestimated side. Has a lot of potential. I have scars from Cyprus and these guys are the little cyprus for Israel. They are very quick and brilliant and if you dont watch out and you dont play the full potential that Israel could and shoudl play, you end up in the 79th minute with restless Israelis and a 0-0 game...at home!!!
We should really be careful when playing Moldova. History has it that we tied them constantly

Latvia Similiar to Estonia, but a notch better. The Team can also do some damages, but not really should be taken seriously. Either way, we are better than them and we can take 6 points. I am hoping, that not only do we take 6 points, but also some goals too. I hope that atleast 4-7 goals will be hammered at them in the 2 games we play them.

Luxemborg The Amatuer team ofcourse. We played them in 2004(?) If i recall and won them like 7-0! If we can repeat the same, we should be in good shape. 14 Goal differentiate + 7 from Lativa at the most can put us in a great position, if we fight with Switzerland, per say for 2nd...

:) Im looking forward to this....

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
colautti_2010 said:
also, do we have any friendlies scheduled for early '08? We need to schedule some top notch sides.
We got Romania!

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From pot 1 Greece is the opponent we stand a chance to beat in a good day. It won´t be easy, Greece is a well coached team and very tough to beat, but we are improving and we could surprise them. It is better if they underestimate ou strength. Switzerland we all know fron the last qualifiers, with Grant we had a golden chance to advance an dwin that game in Ramat Gan. Probably we will fight with them again for the spot. Moldova and Latvia are tricky teams when they play at home, but we shouldn´t have problems and if we want to qualify we shouldn´t even think in losing points to these teams.

·
Registered
947 Posts
israel must beat all the teams in their group at home , only against switzerland and greece we can tie outwards.

next yr and in 2009 our youngsters will be much better and i hope gai assulin will also be there. if we won't qualify from this group then we won't have such a good Opportunity for a long time.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
berko said:
From pot 1 Greece is the opponent we stand a chance to beat in a good day. It won´t be easy, Greece is a well coached team and very tough to beat, but we are improving and we could surprise them. It is better if they underestimate ou strength. Switzerland we all know fron the last qualifiers, with Grant we had a golden chance to advance an dwin that game in Ramat Gan. Probably we will fight with them again for the spot. Moldova and Latvia are tricky teams when they play at home, but we shouldn´t have problems and if we want to qualify we shouldn´t even think in losing points to these teams.
Im just afraid of Moldova. They are tough....
I have a bad nostalgia that we will play them tough and it will be 0-0 and in the 79th minute......

I dont know how to subdue, moldova. They are just a good fteam...

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Ariel said:
And Serbia!
those are good competitors.

Its all up to Dror Kashtan if he will play attacking football we stand a great chance to qualify,if not.....:mad:

When and Where do we play serbia?
We should start to have a good formation team. Without a good formation, we would be problematic. We need a good vibe!

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Arik1983 said:
israel must beat all the teams in their group at home , only against switzerland and greece we can tie outwards.

next yr and in 2009 our youngsters will be much better and i hope gai assulin will also be there. if we won't qualify from this group then we won't have such a good Opportunity for a long time.

We still have a chance to beat them.
We shouldnt look back at what happened. I think we can do really well this time.

Our young team looks good and this round, most of them on average will be 23-24 years old. So it will be a great opprotunity for them to show of there skill. Im looking forward to it...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts