Xtratime Community banner

Which team will win the World Cup 2006?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
42,582 Posts
Simba said:
Every team competing has the chance to win it. No one predicted Greece to win Euro 2004.
For EURO, the level between the best and worst is smaller in comparison to the WC - the gap between Brazil and T&T or Togo is bigger than the gap between the top European side and Latvia, IMO.

So, some teams I would say have "no chance," for the WC.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Portugal I reckon have a good chance, but tbh a few teams do, the usual brazil will be there or there abouts.
I Think it will be more open though than has been.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Italy for me. Just think they've got everything in place bar Totti's injury to win it. Marcello Lippi's doing a brilliant job and 2 friendly wins over Holland and Germany bode well for the Azzurri.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
I want Brazil to win and win it in style. If Gaucho is to be remembered as the greatest of all time then he should own this World Cup and ensure that Brazil gets the Cup after a string of dazzling performances.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
italians for me, the hosts always do well, coupled with the fact that germany always manages to produce when they look average to the rest of the world makes them a threat.

england- more agony i presume. :depress:

of all the utd players, who'd ya think will shine most?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Ronaldo.
I think it's expected of rooney to play awesome and be the one to lead england, which he more than likely will.
Where as with ronaldo theres uncertainty due to his dodgy season, so imo he;ll shine through and have an excellent campain

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Off the top of my head without using reasearch I am trying to name the players going to the WC for United.

Rooney, Ronaldo, RVN, Van der Saar, Silvestre, Neville, Ferdinand and Saha. I think I may of missed someone out but I covered the big names anyway.

Out of that list I think either Ronaldo or RVN will impress the most. RVN is due a good run of form at a big occasion and Ronaldo was awesome at Euro 04 and I think he will only get better next year, Portugal know how good he is and will just tell him to go gung ho when he gets the ball.

Edit - Yes forgot about Heinze if fit. Dont think S. Korea are going though.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I think Ronaldo will have a great tournament, Rooney will do well but we'll only see him in 3/4 matches. 3 players i want to do well are Rio cause everyone thinks he is shit, Saha as he deserves it and if Gabby makes it back then he has to do well for missing most of the season.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
loads saying is gonna be englands year, but i wouldnt bet against brazil winning it again, and completely demolishing opponents in process,
cmon braziL!

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Watch out for Vidic, he is part of a magic serb defence which will be tough to score against in the world cup.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts