Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the EURO2000 hype here, we havent really discussed Yugoslavia at WC2002.

Lets take a look at our opponents for the qualification matches for the World Cup in Japan and Korea...
-Switzerland: Not really a major power in football from what I saw at EURO2000 qualifications, they wont be a real concern for us. Though if I'm not wrong, they did beat us 2-0 before the World Cup in france.

-Slovenia: I happen to think they got a bit lucky in the EURO2000 qualification matches against the Ukraine. Had a pretty easy group too, in wich they lost 4-0 and 2-1 to Norway.Though whatever happens, I still think they will be a tough cookie. :)

-Luxemburg: All I can say is that they are not as crap as they seem, or atleast they will be better than Malta :). We should beat these guys with ease.

-Russia: Definitely our strongest opposition in the group. But it must be said that they have not been impresive over the last Year and a half. They did beat the World Champion, France, and thats about their only achivement in the last year or so. I beleive we can beat them in both matches. :)

-Fareo Islands(sp?): As someone said before, these guys will be the whipping boys of the group :). They shoulnt really bother us, or atleast I hope not.

Certainly I think this is a much easer group than the one we had for EURO2000. I dont know about you, but I think we can win this group clean, 10/10 :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There is no way we will finish that group with 10 wins.We barely beat China, and say all you will but even though it was a friendly we really should of have destroyed them but we barely came through with a win.As for slovenia they beat Ukraine because they played good football and not because of luck.Russian is always tough they even beat France in France in the Euro Qualifiers.I seriously doubt that we will win every game.I hope im wrong but im pretty sure im not.

·
Registered
234 Posts
They way football is , it is not always about skill but also about luck!

We don't have much of it and never did unfortunately.

We have never had luck against Russia, never!
We have such a poor record against them it is ridiculous. Even recently we have struggled against the unpredictable russians.

Winning 10 out of 10 would be a very big achievement and doubt we could do it unless we fix our defense problem.

Don't underestimate the Swiss either!! They will play hard against us i promise u!

As for the match against China it is no big deal or a real indicator of our sides strength. When the stakes are high that is when we lift our game and play like tigers. Remember against Croatia , in Croatia , in front of 40 000 spastic ustasa?

There is plenty of time till WC2002 so no real concern. Who knows maybe by then Boskov will have finally assembled a team!

Sivela Srpska Hercegovina!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Boskov is taking the team to EURO and that's the end, he's retiring....
We then have to find a replacement, I'm hoping it could be Antic or maybe Bajevic...
Preferably Antic.. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also agree that Antic would be the best replacement.

But lets just concentrate on our performance in Euro2000, we'll have plenty of time to worry about the WC qualifications.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I agree...
Let concitrate on winning EURO2000 first, before we start thinking World Cup.

But I still stand by my prediction that we'll win 10/10. I'll even post a bet at the TAB :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
I hope you are right Grobar.

Oh and FSJ asked Antic two times to coach Yugoslavia and both times he refused because as he said that they could not afford him. So he stayed in Belgrade for a YEAR till Athleico De Madrid finally signed him , Huh! how's about that for patriotism!! And it was during our qualifying campaign for Euro2000 as well.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My God Mijat.... Your negativity is driving me nuts, I think you're getting worse by the minute. If the players ever read your posts I think they would commit suicide.

PLEASE, PLEASE, post something positive, even if its just for our sake, or take some drugs, anything, just do something.

Don't worry be happy. (I would do one of those smiley faces but I don't know how).

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
The reason why he didn't take over the national team is because he wanted to coach it from the beginning but the moron Miljanic gave away one of our most talented generations ever to Santrac.. :( and then they called him when the going got tough, and he was right not to accept, in fact I've got the impression he doesn't like Miljanic at all...and neither do I.. :)
But if he can't or won't take Bajevic...

And talking about the WC qualifiers, all I know is that I'm expecting 25-30 goals in the 4 matches against Luxemburng and the Faroe Islands... :) :)
Good chance to give Drulic some training...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont know if where going to score that much because we barely beat china with only one goal.We beat malta in the WC qualifires 6:0 and in Euro qualifiers we beat them 3:1 so we are getting worse

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The road duns both ways.I have no idea were you get your optimism from.You guys are making ME go crazy.When we come back from Euro as dissapointments you guys are going to feel a lot worse then me and then you are going to be the ones who start saying crap about how crap we are just like after the World Cup.Before the world cup everyone was like we have one of the best teams ever we are going all the way, and then we played awful and everyone was saying how crap we are.And even playing one good game wouldn't be enough in order to win Euro you have to play 6 matches against world class opposition and play good in every one.I cant remember the last time we played outstanding football in two straight matches against class opposition let alone 6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts