Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I will be in Toronto for business from the 8th to the 14th of June. The issue I have is that during this week, my national team (Belgium) is playing twice and I would not want to miss the games, especially knowing they might not go further than the first 3 games...

Do someone from Toronto knows a bar where the games might be shown? Or at least could one of you tell me on what tv channel I may expect watching the games (tv channel available in a hotel...).

Thanks
Kema

·
Registered
327 Posts
All games will be shown on TSN, with some games being shown on CBC and TLN.

Make sure your hotel has TSN. That's the channel to have. Most places will have CBC. TLN is a Latin channel, but most places should have that too.

Here is the schedule for TSN:

June 4

5:00 am Japan vs. Belgium LIVE
9:00 pm Japan vs. Belgium REPEAT

June 10

5:00 am Tunisia vs. Belgium LIVE
12:00pm Tunisia vs. Belgium REPEAT

June 14

2:30 am Belgium vs. Russia LIVE

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Kema:

Welcome to Toronto!

I will be cheering for Belgium, too.

If you're still in town on the evening of June 14 there is a possibility that CBC will show the Belgium-Russia game at 7:30 p.m. The network has not yet decided which game they will show.

What do you think of the lineup just announced by Waseige?

------------------------------------------

Jarrek:

Is TLN really showing some games? If so, they are carefully concealing that information on their web site.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jeff said:
Jarrek:

Is TLN really showing some games? If so, they are carefully concealing that information on their web site.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time.....:rolleyes:
Oy :rolleyes: Jeff ... go to http://www.tlntv.com ... on the Homepage there is a large Photo of a soccer Guy ... click on it ...

it will get you here: http://www.tlntv.com/soccer/soccer.htm

They will be showing 43 matches and 75 total telecasts ... etc :D

;)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Thanks, Jarrek. Silly me. I thought they'd have a verbal link to such an important announcement, rather than a picture.

I guess I'm still living back in the 20th century when words were used for communication of news and ideas, while pictures were used for illustration or decoration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

Hi,

:tongue:

Thanks for the info. Following the victory of Belgium over France on Saturday, I certainly do not want to miss one game of my national team...

It is going to be funny. I have meetings all week long starting at 8AM and will be watching games arround 5AM....

Thanks again
Alex

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Hi Kema,

Welcome to Toronto. What type of business are you in?

Anyway, as already stated, make sure you have TSN wherever you are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)
I am working in the inter-financial communication business. Going to Toronto for two international meetings, one that I run, the other just to attend... But who cares. What matters is the victory of Belgium at the world cup...
Does not hurt to dream... :D ...

I have checked with the hotel I am in. They have TSN !!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

So cool
Thanks for your help all.
Have a great world cup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts