Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets keep ourselves updated on the latest news about injuries and predictions before the game. And lets keep the analysis' after the game here aswell :)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's now confirmed that Patrik Andersson will NOT participate against Argentina.
He tried to make some runs today but the pain is still there and the NT doctor says there's no point of hoping Andersson will play on Wednesday.
This of course is bad news. And sure his experience would be gold worth. But Andreas Jakobsson has been so fabolous against specially England but he was solid against Nigeria aswell :strong:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Cracker said:
It's now confirmed that Patrik Andersson will NOT participate against Argentina.
He tried to make some runs today but the pain is still there and the NT doctor says there's no point of hoping Andersson will play on Wednesday.
This of course is bad news. And sure his experience would be gold worth. But Andreas Jakobsson has been so fabolous against specially England but he was solid against Nigeria aswell :strong:
I hate to say this, but I think it's just as well. This way there is no risk that S-L choose to play a semi-injured Andersson instead of the fully fit and in form Jakobsson.

·
Registered
920 Posts
CE L'ABBIAMO FATTA!!!

VAI SVEZIA!!! SIAMO PRIMI!!! :D

HEJA SVERIGE!!!!
HEJA ANDERS SVENSSON!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ALSO TO OUR BROTHERS IN DENMARK!!!

:D

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
What a goal by Anders Svensson :star:

Finally Zlatan got to play... for 5 freakin' minutes!!

The referee was a bit weird, he was planning to give a yellow card to the Argentine who pushed Larsson but then he decided to give it to Larsson. Also the PK to Argentina was a dive IMO, Ortega saw a leg and decided to trip himself over it. :rollani: It doesn't matter now, you're trough that's the main thing.

Congrats :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
P. Kluivert said:
What a goal by Anders Svensson :star:

Finally Zlatan got to play... for 5 freakin' minutes!!

The referee was a bit weird, he was planning to give a yellow card to the Argentine who pushed Larsson but then he decided to give it to Larsson. Also the PK to Argentina was a dive IMO, Ortega saw a leg and decided to trip himself over it. :rollani: It doesn't matter now, you're trough that's the main thing.

Congrats :)

Thanks man! You right the referee was weird and he didn't know what to do when Larsson was fouled!

After all we qualified!!!:D

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Sweden - Argentina 1-1

1-1!

Taste that for awhile...isn't it sweet? :happy: :star:

I allways hoped we would qualify for the next round but to win the group without a single loss!

Back to todays game now...
We attacked so well all the time, Argentina didnt have a single shot on goal...
...okey, maybe that wasn't the look in the game but in the end, who cares?
We got "the point" we fighted for...and that's all what counts!

We showed tremendous fighting-spirit and never gave up...

Go Sweden!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
salopbaggie said:
Congrats to you swedish for beating argentina and winning the group. We won't go any further...Come on England!!
Ofcourse you won't, it's Sven's luck that keeps you in the tournament :D Come on Denmark!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Damn it feels good to be a gangstah! :D

That was one of the most nervous games I've ever seen. The first half was terrible. I was just waiting for Argentina to score, but they only got one really clear scoring chance, Sorin's header. I was much calmer during the second half, apart from the last 10 minutes.

The defense was almost perfect! I am very impressed by Jakobsson and Lucic. I doubted them before the England game, but they have been brilliant. Linderoth and Anders Svensson have also been very impressive. Linderoth is growing up to be a classic defensive midfielder and Svensson has really improved his defensive and phyiscal play. He still lacks some pace, but when he gets that he'll be a class central midfielder.

Andreas Andersson is another player that has surprised me. He has been excellent in Allsvenskan and I never questioned his place in the squad, but I never expected him to perform this well. He keeps possession very well and does intelligent things with the ball.

Are there any players I've been disappointed with? Well, I have actually expected more from Ljungberg and Allbäck. Ljungberg might have been troubled by his injury. Allbäck looked sharp against England. In the first half he was the only one that created anything, and he did it all by himself, but against Nigeria and Argentina he hasn't really produced anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts