Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which players are considered world-class in your club/national team and which players are liablities and the team as a whole would certainly do better with a better replacment in the squad?

For Liverpool:
World class players: Gerrard, Baros and maybe Xabi Alonso.
Liabilities: Hyypia, Josemi and both goal keepers (Dudek and Kirkland)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Arsenal

world class : Campbell, Cole, Vieira, Pires, Henry.

liability : Pascal Roderick Timothy Cygan :star:

btw, if Hyppia is such a liability how comes Henchoz never gets a game ?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
liverpool4ever said:
Which players are considered world-class in your club/national team and which players are liablities and the team as a whole would certainly do better with a better replacment in the squad?

For Liverpool:
World class players: Gerrard, Baros and maybe Xabi Alonso.
Liabilities: Hyypia, Josemi and both goal keepers (Dudek and Kirkland)
How is Baros world class :googly:

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
England NT
World Class: Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Ashley Cole.
Liabilities: Beckham, Campbell, Neville, any English goalkeeper.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
peninsula said:
How is Baros world class :googly:
:eek: :eek:
Euro 2004, Whadda player!

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Attila_the_Nun said:
:eek: :eek:
Euro 2004, Whadda player!
Before Euro 2004 whadda player:googly: after still whadda player:googly:. Not a regular at Liverpool before, had a good Euro 2004 (played in a very good Czech team) after Euro 2004 a average player. Not a world class, full stop.

·
63,337 Posts
peninsula said:
Before Euro 2004 whadda player:googly: after still whadda player:googly:. Not a regular at Liverpool before, had a good Euro 2004 (played in a very good Czech team) after Euro 2004 a average player. Not a world class, full stop.

he would be clear second top scorer in EPL now if he hadn't been injured, and that's without much of a partner, he has 8 goals.

i don't know if he's world class but he is very good.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Hyypia is average with an occasional game when things go his way...but most the time he clears the ball as if he wants the other team to score.

·
63,337 Posts
peninsula said:
Why don't you just say the whole Arsenal team if Cole is world class :rolleyes:.
because they are not all world class but Cole is. :shades:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
he would be clear second top scorer in EPL now if he hadn't been injured, and that's without much of a partner, he has 8 goals.

i don't know if he's world class but he is very good.
k fair enough good player but atleast you agree with me he ain't a world class player. What I noticed about him is, when he gets the ball he never looks up so he runs up agains defenders and tends to miss the target sometimes. That is what is letting him down and therefore my dislike about him.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
because they are not all world class but Cole is. :shades:
Come on man :D, be seriouse Cole is not a world class player. I think you might have different meanings to the term. He lacks so much in his game so how can he? :confused: Don't just say he is world class for the sake he playes for Arsenal:wallbang:.

·
63,337 Posts
peninsula said:
Come on man :D, be seriouse Cole is not a world class player. I think you might have different meanings to the term. He lacks so much in his game so how can he? :confused: Don't just say he is world class for the sake he playes for Arsenal:wallbang:.

you are mad, Cole doesn't lack anything, he is the best left back around, only thing wrong with Cole is his fondness for tanlentless, racist slappers.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Baros is world class in my opinion, although he is very selfish at times, but lately he has been contributing more to the team.

Based on his performance at Euro 2004, Cole can be considered world class, I remember in the Portugal game, in the whole 120 minutes it only occured once that a player managed to get through him, not even Figo or C. Ronaldo managed to do that :shades:, as for Arsenal, I don't know how well he's doing but since Campbell's return the whoel defence improved to some extent :), and Campbell a liability for England? :confused: :eek:, only time he let the team down if I'm not mistaken was over a year ago vs. Maccedonia.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Well for city, I'll do a world class section, plus a top-class section cos, we're not as good as Arsenal and Liverpool.

World Class - Anelka, SWP
Top Class - Dunne, Barton, Jordan, James, Distin
Liabilities - Anelka, Sibierski, McManaman, Reyna, Sinclair.

Anelka is world class, but gives us nothing. I'd keep him, but he has not done anything to take himself out of the liabilities section, and I condone the fan who punched him :D

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Are you lot all mad or something?? Baros, Cole, Anelka, SWP aaaha looooooool. I can name so many things about Cole's weakness. Either you all have your own meaning to the term "world class" or are absulete bias.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Cole is world class. I don't particularly like Arsenal or England either.

The only player Rangers have verging on being world class is Boumsong. IMO, Stefan Klos is not far away either.

Liabilities: You won't know them, but Vignal, Khizanishvili, Malcolm, Lovenkrands. A lot of our others aren't liabilities, just not very good.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts