Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many have to suffer not being able to watch the world cup because of work?

me my self, heck no , not working during that month!!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The first weef, I am on holiday, so that's alright, then after that I will be at work during the week, now we got TV's in for the Euro's which we kept too watch any sporting events on, but ours was recently taken away, after the England - Uruguay game, because a manager got a mard on, blaming the TV for the work not getting done, when it was clear too anyone with a single brain cell, the problem was, we were under staffed.

Well, if we don't get our TV back for te World Cup, we'll just have to strike ;)

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Fortunately I happen to be in a timezone where I can watch all matches without having to take leave from work :D Though unfortunately I'll be looking very much like this :sleepy: :hangover: due to a lack of sleep from watching the games :doh:

·
International
8,545 Posts
I have to work but there is one benefit of living in Canada in that the game is so unpopular here that there's a good chance I won't hear the score so I can just tape the game and watch when I get in.

·
Banned
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i remember having to work during the quarter finals, and semi-finals of euro 2004, its absolutley killed me, well its not happening this time.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Being in Toronto and football fanatic it's one of the few things that makes working nights tolerable.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
I've got 4 exams throughout June but 3 are in 3 days and I can revise around the matches, well i plan to anyways.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,446 Posts
When I get home from work (I get there around 2:45PM Eastern USA Time) I will be able to watch 1 or 2 live games a day.....:D Plus here in Miami we have a 2nd Division Team starting this season (Begins at the end of April) and I will be enjoynig those games as well....Chile is not in the WC ...So of course my next choice is to root for SOME of the S Americans and the USA !!!!!! :cap:

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Im on my honeymoon in Borneo for the first 2 England games - not sure how I feel!!! :sigh:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put my holidays in the other day and got the whole month off which you really do need living in 'Straya coz it's all on in the middle of the night!!!

Of course living in 'straya means if you want to watch top class live football on TV you have to get up in the middle of the night so you have to either suffer from acute imsomnia or have a very understanding boss or a decent DVD hard drive recorder however living in 'Straya does have some benefits like the extremely nice weather and the bounteous selection of scantly clad fit young women :) :) :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts