1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
------------- W -- D -- L -- F -- A
Home games: 6 -- 0 -- 1 -- 16-- 2
Away games: 2 -- 2 -- 3 -- 5 -- 7

This is shocking for such a great team. If you can win only 2 away games against Mallorca and Malaga maybe you should forget about La Liga and concentrate on UCL.

Thanks in advance for NOT closing this thread. I know there is no freedom of speech in this forum ;)

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The only people that have no freedom of speech here are the flamers and race debaters.

Your topic is quite viable, that being home form vs away form, i don't see why you even think that you'd have your thread closed.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Don't mean to sound obscene but my guess is "from the uterus"?
50 points answer

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
mega montana said:
where do these people come from?
This poster is Calcio100 with a new name.

As for the topic, if anything your lack of goals away is what really stands out. you haven't exactly been good away in UCL either.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
hes right... he raised a good point.. but we cant really talk about it much.. it up to the team to perform!!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Yes, its a good point indeed. This was what was so amazing about Real Madrid in the past couple of years: the Bernabeu was a fortress, but they managed to get results on the road too. I think one of the reasons that the home record is so good even this year is that the players dare not disappoint the fans in their own stadium, so they have the drive that seemed to be lacking against Leverkusen, Barcelona, Villareal, and other teams away from home.

Having said that, that away record isn't that awful, but its close to the 'limit' of how much you can screw up in a season. Nothing is for sure yet.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Maybe Real Madrid has lost too many away points, but it's not so serious. I'd like to compare it with last season. Last season, at this point, the top 3 was this way:
1-Real Madrid - 30 points
2-Valencia - 28 points
3-Deportivo - 27 points

This year:
1-Barcelona - 35 points
2-Real Madrid - 26 points
3-Espanyol - 26 points

First, Barça is breaking all records this year. Barça has had the best start ever in La Liga, last week the surpassed Antic's Atlético in 1995/96. Obviously, if they keep this level, they won't have a rival.

Second, Madrid has left 4 points behind compared with last season, but they only have 2 points less than Valencia, who was the champion. So they're not doing THAT bad in results.

Third, although Real Madrid is not doing that bad, the urgencies are big, because 9 points are a lot of points. Real Madrid begins to rely too much in a suddenly fall by Barça. Is it possible? Of course, but each week, Real Madrid depends less on themselves and more on Barcelona.

4th, Real Madrid's image is not good. Despite the goal festivals against Alba and Levante, the critics for the game showed by Madrid do not stop. There's not any sign of resurrection and Barça do not show any kind of weakness.

5th, the goal average. The 3-0 was too important. In case of draw of points at the end, Barcelona would win La Liga. Of course, Real Madrid can beat 4-0 or 5-0 to Barcelona in the Bernabeu, but the possibilities are low today. So the real gap is 9+1.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Maybe Real Madrid has lost too many away points, but it's not so serious. I'd like to compare it with last season. Last season, at this point, the top 3 was this way:
1-Real Madrid - 30 points
2-Valencia - 28 points
3-Deportivo - 27 points

This year:
1-Barcelona - 35 points
2-Real Madrid - 26 points
3-Espanyol - 26 points

First, Barça is breaking all records this year. Barça has had the best start ever in La Liga, last week the surpassed Antic's Atlético in 1995/96. Obviously, if they keep this level, they won't have a rival.

Second, Madrid has left 4 points behind compared with last season, but they only have 2 points less than Valencia, who was the champion. So they're not doing THAT bad in results.

Third, although Real Madrid is not doing that bad, the urgencies are big, because 9 points are a lot of points. Real Madrid begins to rely too much in a suddenly fall by Barça. Is it possible? Of course, but each week, Real Madrid depends less on themselves and more on Barcelona.

4th, Real Madrid's image is not good. Despite the goal festivals against Alba and Levante, the critics for the game showed by Madrid do not stop. There's not any sign of resurrection and Barça do not show any kind of weakness.

5th, the goal average. The 3-0 was too important. In case of draw of points at the end, Barcelona would win La Liga. Of course, Real Madrid can beat 4-0 or 5-0 to Barcelona in the Bernabeu, but the possibilities are low today. So the real gap is 9+1.
Good summary. If I were a Real Madrid fan, I´d be more worried about the play than the points. You´re 9 points behind. That can be ok if you play great and just have been unlucky. But now, you have actually been the lucky team in several games and are miles behind Barca in general performance in the games.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts