Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I copy/paste this post from Fabio Ingrao off the Juventus mailing list. The initial source is La Stampa, and you'll see the stuff referred to in this link under section 8.

A few weeks ago most papers gave a lot of relevance to Casarin
accusation against Pairetto and Bergamo (the duo who oversees over the Italian refs).

Casarin said these 2 people told the referee of a mystery match not to give any yellow cards because the big team playing in that match was about to play another big team the following week.

Of course, even without proof, the usual suspect (i.e. Juventus) was considered the team Pairetto and Bergamo tried to protect.

Now the truth is out and nobody is talking about it.

According to our friend Beccantini (http://www.lastampa.it/sport/default_sassolino.asp) the team that was spared heavy yellow cards was Roma at Brescia.

Guess who was Roma going to play the following week? Juventus.

So is this true?
I haven't got a clue, and I don't think it's very important either. We got butchered against Roma and deserved nothing less.

However... IF these news had been coming out with the name Juventus tagged to it... SURELY we'd be getting alot of 'visits' from concerned, honest calcio fans.... and we'd be getting requests on hearing how much brining referees costs... how many refs. are driving FIAT's etc.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No you aren't AS Roma 83.

You are reading a thus far unsubstantiated claim from Casarini that the referee designators Pairetto and Bergamo told the ref. Bolognino to not card any Roma players who could risk to miss the game against Juventus.

Whether that's true I have no idea. If you read my comment above you'll see that it's hardly the point either.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I prefer to judge refs according to their decisions on the pitch not unsupported claims outside of it. Probably someone decided the best tactics to make people forget the scandalous Brescia game is to provide them a new scandal, this time about Roma. Or maybe there is something real in this story, who knows?;)

However... IF these news had been coming out with the name Juventus tagged to it... SURELY we'd be getting alot of 'visits' from concerned, honest calcio fans.... and we'd be getting requests on hearing how much brining referees costs... how many refs. are driving FIAT's etc.
And maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with the notion that Juve are in fact being helped from the refs? Or is it all again a conspiracy against the totally innocent Juve (As if anyone would believe that anyway...:)) ?

BTW, who is Casarini?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
i see your point glen, but you miss something. if somebody robs a bank, theyre gonna suspect known bank robbers of it before they suspect any old joe.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Everyone's against you, Juventus, the proud and magnificent last bastion of honour and honesty? Which is just so unfair, since Juve is actually the last bastion of honour of honesty(TM)?

:) More like Average Joe trying to catch up to Ben Johnson ;)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Politician, look at the thread he started.... 'Google'

now he says keep it on on the pitch. :rolleyes:

But I guess since you are a Politician, this sort of hypocracy is acceptable :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
polaris, you seem like a reasonable fellow. can we agree that glen was out of line starting this thread? we all know that glens quite the troublemaker so it would be appreciated if you could help put a stop to it. for the sake of all the good people in the juve forum, do the right thing!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
of course hypocrisy is acceptable long as I'm the one that does it...

hey, does this mean you don't think Juventus ever have controversy judging by your "what a load of BS" post?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Of course not. I know many off decisions go for Juve. Same as Milan. Same as Roma in this match. I watched this match and remember some incidents that normally would get a yellow card.
What of the odd calls in Inter's favour on Sunday? Did Juve organize that too?

Luigi, I really dont know what you are getting at so drop the sarcastic tone if you want a reply.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
i see your point glen, but you miss something. if somebody robs a bank, theyre gonna suspect known bank robbers of it before they suspect any old joe.
Since when does Juve fit in to that category?
Please show us some concrete evidence.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bird said:
Since when does Juve fit in to that category?
Please show us some concrete evidence.
They can't do that, Bird. It doesn't exist. Thier assumptions root from thier Jealousy :tongue: :tongue: of the Grand Old Lady.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts