Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
stupid question. As the WBA fan said, you should never ask a bloke to choose between his marriage or his football team. Only 1 winner

-----------------------------

'Are Villa more important than our marriage? It's over': Wife dumps football fan husband with banner above main road

The new Premiership season is barely underway but it seems one relationship has already crumbled under the strain.

One angry wife, no doubt tired of being placed behind the game, unfurled a banner above a busy main road asking her husband if his team was more important than her.

Apart from their first names, it is not known who the couple are, but judging by the tone of the banner the relationship is clearly over.

The 3 ft by 3 ft banner had the unfortunate message 'Jack, are the Villa really more important than our marriage? It's over, Jess' daubed over it in black paint.

The banner, situated on a busy commuter route near West Bromwich was seen by thousands of motorists who traveled along the route at rush hour seeming to refer to Jack's alliance to Aston Villa, who played their first Premiership game yesterday.

Paul Brennan, a passing Aston Villa fan, said:'I love the Villa, but I always try and keep the Mrs sweet as well.

'This is a cruel way to break the news to him though, I don't know who they are or who has done what, but this is a certainly a harsh way today it.

'I hope it's not still there on match day - because they'll be thousands of people on the way to the game that will see it and most of them will be Albion fans around here so I'm sure they'll get a great laugh from it.'

One van driver, a West Bromwich Albion fan, added "You shouldn't make a man pick between his woman and his football team.

'I don't care who she is but he is better off without her - that's for sure.

'Most people around here are Albion fans so I wonder if she's a disgruntled Baggies supporter.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ps-football-fan-husband-banner-main-road.html

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
That reminds me of this show on Brasilian TV that once had a special on the tension between football fans' loyalties to their clubs and to their wives. They went to a decisive Vasco x Flamengo semifinal derby at the Maracana and begun interviewing guys with the question "what's your wife doing this fine sunday afternoon, while you're here?"

One of the guys being interviewed said that he had actually gotten married the day before, and had skipped the honeymoon to go to the semifinal match. The girl reporter was absolutely appalled and asked "how could you POSSIBLY leave your honeymoon to come watch football??" and the guy responded "I've been in love with my wife for 5 years, and with Vasco for 25... there's no comparison, Vasco came first." :D

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
They played yesterday?
UEFA Cup against some tin pot club.

You gotta keep the Mrs happy though. This reminds of this Sheffield Wednesday fan who couldn't miss the derby for anything, and he had to chose between the derby and his 8 month pregnant wife, so he just took her with him. It could very well have ended in a disaster during the mass celebration as Wednesday won 2-0.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Football, probably.

I remember Rob said that if you havn't had a break up with a woman because of football, you're not a real fan :D

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
'This is a cruel way to break the news to him though, I don't know who they are or who has done what, but this is a certainly a harsh way today it.

today it?????? ya mean to do it?

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
My old girlfriend actually really liked football, which is apparntly a really attractive thing for many males. Not for me anymore.

Football is an escapeism so when your lass knows just as much about football as you and doesnt even support the same team as you, your love for football ends up getting lower as its tainted.

The relationship kind of went wrong when we drew 1-1 to Gillingham last year,we were still unbeaten, but we were 1-0 up and had both our strikers sent off, they then equilized in the very last minute. I was supposed to go out that night with her and her best mate and her man. I just rang her up and said i was too gutted to do anything for the rest of the weekend. And didnt :D

Oh women by the way.

Football makes me happy maybe once a week at most, when we win. A girl makes me happy every day :smileani:

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
My old girlfriend actually really liked football, which is apparntly a really attractive thing for many males. Not for me anymore.

Football is an escapeism so when your lass knows just as much about football as you and doesnt even support the same team as you, your love for football ends up getting lower as its tainted.

The relationship kind of went wrong when we drew 1-1 to Gillingham last year,we were still unbeaten, but we were 1-0 up and had both our strikers sent off, they then equilized in the very last minute. I was supposed to go out that night with her and her best mate and her man. I just rang her up and said i was too gutted to do anything for the rest of the weekend. And didnt :D

Oh women by the way.

Football makes me happy maybe once a week at most, when we win. A girl makes me happy every day :smileani:
nothing wrong with 1-1 at priestfields, you should celebrate that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts