Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I offer my condolences to Razor for the Azzurri's early departure from this crazy World Cup.

I share your pain, man.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
multo grazie ragazzi!

Welcome back Pila - you've been missed.

I wasn't suprised (honest) - as soon as Japan fell to Turkey this morning, I knew the Azzurri were going out. We can talk for days about how there are no conspiracies in calcio/futebol, but this Cup is evidence that there are sinister forces at work. Don't think that Sepp Blatter's miraculous Phoenix-like rebirth from certain political doom in the FIFA elections didn't come without some very expensive support from the Asian and African federations.

They are working towards a S. Korea/Senegal final, but will most likely get S. Korea-Brasil (Brasil should beat Senegal even if they have just 7 men left at the end of the game). Even if the cariocas make it to the end, it will not matter. The South Koreans will be world champions. The US (which has played wonderfully, so I don't want to be seen as taking anything away from their efforts this year - they're a credit to the nation) would have been in the final too, if not for the unfortunate fact that they are in the same side of the bracket as the Koreans.

It's a shame, too - since the Koreans are a great side on their own, even without help.

BTW - Portugal cannot draw upon any of these reasons as console as to their early exit. They (starting with Olvieira & JVP) brought that exit upon themselves.

Forca Portugal!
Forza Italia!

P/Red/et al - I'll catch up with you guys towards the end of the week once I've calmed down - peace out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts